Morane-Saulnier MS.230. Specifications. A photo.
Morane-Saulnier MS.230 - light multipurpose double monoplane of French production, designed by Aircraft «Aeroplanes Morane-Saulnier» in 1929 year.
Morane-Saulnier MS.230a photo
Designing an aircraft model Morane-Saulnier MS.230 was carried out in mid-20-ies of the last century, at the same time, despite the fact that the new aircraft is intended to be used solely as a means of civil aircraft in the future, the aircraft received also military purposes, in particular, the plane is very actively used as a combat unit in such countries as Belgium, Brazil, Greece, Portugal, Romania, Turkey, Switzerland and others.
The aircraft model Morane-Saulnier MS.230 has a sufficiently compact size that provides the aircraft's aerodynamics acceptable, which in turn has a direct impact on high maneuverability of the aircraft. These factors are very favorable for this model aircraft, particularly given the fact that the plane model Morane-Saulnier MS.230 used as a sports aircraft, including having to perform aerobatic stunts.
A photoMorane-Saulnier MS.230
The first flight tests of the aircraft underwent in February 1929 years, and since essentially no deviations from technical standards established by the aircraft manufacturers have been identified, the project was able to go into series production, where, despite the short to find, very popular - for the period of production exercising with 1929 1935 on year, the French aircraft manufacturers 1118 aircraft of this model were built.
The aircraft Morane-Saulnier MS.230 can carry out transportation on its board of up to two people, including one pilot and one passenger. As such, for the transportation of cargo aircraft model Morane-Saulnier MS.230 does not apply, however, the plane is very effectively used as training facilities, and is also used as a sports agent, including the ability to carry out execution of aerobatic stunts.
Model monoplane Morane-Saulnier MS.230 equipped power plant consisting of a piston aircraft engine brand Salmson 9Ad, who having thrust in 230 hp, can accelerate the aircraft to the maximum speed of its flight in 215 km \ h. The maximum range of the aircraft is following 480 kilometers, which is quite acceptable.
French aircraft manufacturers granted any aircraft Morane-Saulnier MS.230 model in the following versions and models:
- Morane-Saulnier MS.229 - Pre-production version of the aircraft;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.230 - Main production version of the airplane;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.231 - Modification, equipped powerplant brand Lorraine 7Mb (240 hp);
- Morane-Saulnier MS.232 - An experimental version of the aircraft, equipped with engine brand Clerget 9Ca;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.233 - A modernized version developed as the military version is designed for use in Air France and Portugal;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.234 - A special version of the aircraft;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.234 / 2 - The racing version of the aircraft;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.235 - An upgraded version of the aircraft, equipped with engine brand Gnome-Rhone 7Kb;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.235H - An improved version of the aircraft Morane-Saulnier MS.235;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.236 - Modification designed for the Belgian Air Force;
- Morane-Saulnier MS.237 - An upgraded version, equipped with an engine the brand Salmson 9Aba (280 hp).
Specifications Morane-Saulnier MS.230.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,98 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,7 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,8 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 830 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 320 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1150 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 215 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 480 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Salmson 9Ad (depending on version);
- Power: 230 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation