De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth. Specifications. A photo.
De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth - British lightweight single-engine aircraft, designed by Aircraft company «De Havilland Aircraft Company» in 1934 year.
A photoDe Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth
British engineers, aircraft manufacturers started to design a light multi-purpose aircraft model De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth in 1930 year. New biplane supposed to be operated to perform tasks on the transport of small cargo, including mail, a general-purpose products, etc. In addition, the aircraft was supposed to be private, and air vehicles, however, in this area the aircraft was involved is small enough, since its functionality has been very much limited.
To minimize the cost of production and reduce the development time of an aircraft, the aerodynamic shape of the aircraft is far from perfect, which is why the aircraft maneuverability, as well as the management of this aircraft is very very difficult.
His use of the aircraft model De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth found also in the military aviation sector, where the plane was used as an observation means and the training aircraft, and, very briefly, but only on the eve of the Second World War.
AircraftDe Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth
His first flight tests of the aircraft De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth was subjected in May 1934 years, and, despite the bad aerodynamics and the labored management, aircraft very successfully passed all the necessary tests, and could be put into production, which began in the same year . Subsequently, based on the production version of the aircraft De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth was created and improved modification in the design and technical specifications which all the negative factors, which is why the popularity of the aircraft have been fixed increased.
On board the aircraft De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth can accommodate up to two people, which is associated mainly with low-power engine of the aircraft, and a compact space inside the cabin. Among other things, the aircraft can also be used to transport various types of goods, however, in view of the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft, as well as the weight of the pilot, as a rule, the weight of the transported cargo can not exceed 200 kg.
The power plant of the aircraft De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth shows a piston aircraft engine brand de Havilland Gipsy Major, which has a thrust of 130 hp The use of this power plant, the aircraft can accelerate to its cruising speed in 195 km \ h., And to carry out flights over distances of up to one thousand kilometers.
The options of the aircraft De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth:
- De Havilland DH 87A Hornet Moth - Basic production version of the aircraft;
- De Havilland DH 87B Hornet Moth - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped with a more powerful power plant and a number of structural changes.
Technical specifications De Havilland DH 87 Hornet Moth.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 7,6 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 9,72 m .;
- Plane Height: 2 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 563 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 322 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 885 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 210 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 1000 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4600 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Power plant: de Havilland Gipsy Major (depending on version);
- Power: 130 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation