Assault attack aircraft performs mainly with strafing. In the practice of the imperialist war 1914- 1918 years. and in recent wars and applied other methods of attack: a dive with an average elevation angle 50-65 ° to the groundby dropping bombs from small heights (400-600 l), dive from heights 400-600 m on target with machine-gun fire.
Strafing mission called for the lowest height, eliminating the possibility of collision with obstacles on the ground (trees, buildings) and allows free maneuver between obstacles (forests, relief, settlements) on the terrain and of the sun. So the flight until recently was flying at an altitude of up to 5 25 l; from 5 m above flat terrain with a margin of up to 25 m for the height of maneuver (flight profile), taking into account oncoming obstacles (poles, buildings, trees, etc.). However, increasing the flight speed of up to 450-600 km / h (t. E. 125-167 m / sec.) At the present time does fly at such altitudes impossible why stormtroopers, obviously, will have to operate at altitudes not lower than 50-100 m. The most common method of attack should be considered as a combination of a diving attack to attack on low-level flight.
Strafing occupies an important place in the combat training of the Air Force of the foreign states. It provides a significant advantage when attacking the living moving and stationary targets in the tactical and operational areas, allowing a sudden blow.
Construction of combat flight and assault attack
Elements fighting stormtroopers during combat flight and attack:
1) Exploration targets performed military or army aviation in the preparation period, and from the time of the problem - stormtroopers "intelligence on" (the usual visual and sometimes photographic reconnaissance).
2) Ready for action: the first is different, when part of the compound is ready to take off, but the bombs have not suspended; the second (the so-called battle) when the crews and aircraft are completely ready to take off, but the engine has not yet started; third (the so-called start) when the planes are ready to fly crews to the aircraft engines are running. The transition from the first to the starting readiness is determined by the time needed to launch bombs and suspension motor (from the 0,5 1,5 to an hour). With a starting readiness attack time determined by the time for departure (3-5 minutes Squadron) m on the flight to the target (depending on the distance to the target).
3) Dorazvedyvanie made if the target mobile and can get away from the first survey, as well as for
the final determination of the time, location and direction of the attack, or to determine the impact of time agreed upon with the troops. It is running at an altitude scout troop, or at low level flight, depending on local conditions.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation