Zlin Z-XII. Specifications. A photo.
Zlin Z-XII - Czechoslovak single-engine multi-purpose aircraft, developed by «Zlin» company in 1935 year.
Easy multi-purpose sports plane Zlin Z-XII became the model developed by Czechoslovak aircraft manufacturers of the company «Zlin» in 1931 year. Aerodynamic shape monoplane aircraft to ensure a high rate of displacement as well as good maneuverability, which is one of the most important characteristics of sport aircraft. Nevertheless, the project of the aircraft assumed under a multi-purpose, because the aircraft could be used for private purposes, including for the transport of people and small loads at distances small extent.
A photoZlin Z-XII
In 1935, the aircraft of this model has made its first flight, which was a success and fully met the expectations of Czechoslovak aircraft manufacturers. After a few months, the aircraft was put into mass production, which was until the arrival of Czechoslovakia World War II, when the Aircraft Factory was captured by German soldiers, and where the production of aircraft have carried out exclusively for military purposes.
Zlin Z-XII photo
Depending on its version, the model aircraft Zlin Z-XII can be equipped with piston aircraft engines brands ZLAS (44 hp), Zlin Persy II (63 hp) or Walter Mikron (60 hp), which provided aircraft most qualitative value for flight-technical indicators. Despite the fact that used in aircraft piston aircraft engines do not have a high capacity, all of which are highly productive, allowing the aircraft to accelerate to maximum speed in 165 km \ h. With regard to the maximum distance at which the aircraft can carry air travel, this figure is very low, and is only 300 kilometers.
In the cockpit of the aircraft model Zlin Z-XII can accommodate up to two people - a pilot and one passenger, however, due to the design features of the monoplane, on board, you can also carry and transport small goods total weight, in view of its own weight of the pilot, no more than 230 kilogram. However, the aircraft are more adapted for the purposes of sport aviation, where he received the greatest application.
Czechoslovak aircraft manufacturers aircraft was manufactured in two basic versions:
- Zlin Z-XII- Main production version of the aircraft;
- Zlin Z-212- A modernized version with a reinforced fuselage.
Over the entire period of production, aircraft building company «Zlin» 259 aircraft of this model were built, of which, to date, it is known that there is only 15 copies.
Specifications Zlin Z-XII.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 7,8 m .;
- Wingspan: 10 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,32 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 290 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 230 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 510 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 135 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 165 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 300 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3800 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Zlin Persy II (depending on version);
- Power: 63 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation