Wheeler Express. Specifications. Modifications. A photo.
Wheeler Express - a single-engine light aircraft of the US production, produced in 80 - 90-ies of the last century.
A photoWheeler Express
Initially aircraft Wheeler Express was developed by American aviation specialists as a pilot of the aircraft, however, after the aircraft was successfully tested guide aircraft company decided to launch this model in series production, where the plane struck, not very long, although the project had a very significant prospects.
The main reason for the release of the aircraft Wheeler Express was small, lies in the fact that the production of the aircraft was carried out as a kit for self-assembly, thus, for a complete aircraft took about 1200 hours, which was very long and did not satisfy most of the requirements customers.
Wheeler Express photo
In the design of aircraft, American aircraft manufacturers believed that the aircraft can be operated in the commercial sphere, and, the main reasons is a good exterior design, as well as the opportunity to place on board the aircraft up to four people (including one pilot). The very same aircraft can overcome the distance to 1470 kilometers, which would ensure the relevance of its use on the air routes of local importance, however, for the reasons mentioned above, this did not happen. Because of the design features of the aircraft for the transport and transport of goods is not applicable.
Airplane Wheeler Express as a propulsion system uses a single piston aircraft engine type Lycoming IO-540, six working cylinders which are able to develop traction in 250 hp, thereby providing the opportunity to perform an aircraft flying at a maximum speed of 362 km \ h. In addition, thanks to a reliable, yet simple in terms of its service propulsion system, the aircraft is very cheap costing their owners, but for the entire period it was built only 24 aircraft of this model, including also the modification.
Over the entire period of production it was released three major versions of the aircraft:
- Wheeler Express - Basic production version of the airplane;
- Wheeler Express FT - Improved modification, with minor technical changes;
- Wheeler Express RG - Modified version with retractable landing gear.
Technically, all released versions of the aircraft Wheeler Express are almost identical to each other.
Specifications Wheeler Express.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,92 m .;
- Wingspan: 9,6 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,26 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 828 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 623 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1451 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 354 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 362 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 1470 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 7300 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming IO-540;
- Power: 250 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation