Wassmer WA-80 Piranha. Specifications. A photo.
Wassmer WA-80 Piranha - a French multi-purpose aircraft, designed and produced by the company «Societe Wassmer» with 1975 years.
A photoWassmer WA-80 Piranha
The first development aircraft Wassmer WA-80 Piranha began in 1972 year. If previous projects to build aircraft for the French aircraft company «Societe Wassmer» provides for the use of an aircraft in commercial and private spheres, the model aircraft Wassmer WA-80 Piranha has been focused exclusively on the private owners.
Due to the fact that the plane Wassmer WA-80 Piranha allowed to stay on board a small number of people, and does not require the use of powerful and productive power plant. French aircraft manufacturers managed to minimize the cost of the aircraft, but, ultimately, it did not lead to an increase in demand, and therefore the production of aircraft Wassmer WA-80 Piranha was very limited in time - for the entire period of release Wassmer WA-80 Piranha aircraft model , the French aircraft manufacturers was established 25 aircraft that actually recoup the project, but not allowed to promote it further.
Wassmer WA-80 Piranha photo
Despite the fact that the plane Wassmer WA-80 Piranha can not carry out transportation on its board any cargo that is mostly limited to the design features of the aircraft, the aircraft can be used, and is used quite actively, as a teaching and training tool that due to the presence here of paired controls.
In the cockpit of the aircraft Wassmer WA-80 Piranha can accommodate up to two people - a pilot and a passenger, however, a later version of the aircraft provides accommodation on board, and the second passenger. With increased popularity of the aircraft due to its increased roominess. Due to the use of low-power enough to power plant, the aircraft can not be used as a sports air facilities, although its small dimensions and high maneuverability clearly contribute to this.
AircraftWassmer WA-80 Piranha
Aircraft Wassmer WA-80 Piranha aircraft engine equipped with a piston-type brand Rolls-Royce Continental O-200-A, capable of developing a thrust of 100 hp, which in turn allows the aircraft to accelerate to its maximum speed in 200 km \ h. and to overcome the maximum distance in kilometers 700 that fully satisfies consumer principles.
Release of an aircraft of this model was implemented in the following versions:
- Wassmer WA-80 Piranha - Basic version of the aircraft;
- Wassmer WA-81 Piranha - An upgraded version of the aircraft, allowing to place on the board up to three people.
Specifications Wassmer WA-80 Piranha.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,49 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 9,4 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,12 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 503 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 306 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 809 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 175 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 200 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 700 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4260 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Rolls-Royce Continental O-200-A;
- Power: 100 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation