Wassmer WA-51 Pacific. Specifications. A photo.
Wassmer WA-51 Pacific - four-French monoplane developed in 1966, the aircraft manufacturer «Societe Wassmer».
French aircraft manufacturers have decided to start development of a multi-purpose aircraft Wassmer WA-51 Pacific, after the model Wassmer WA-40 It proved to be very popular, allowing guided by market needs and to carry out the production of new, highly sought after aircraft.
A photoWassmer WA-51 Pacific
Plane Design Wassmer WA-51 Pacific began in the year 1963, in this case, the external view of the aircraft model was borrowed from Wassmer WA-40, which is why both the design of aircraft is almost identical. Despite the fact that in March 1966, the aircraft Wassmer WA-51 Pacific made its first flight, the actual production of aircraft of this model has been deployed only in 1969 year, which was due mainly to the fact that the test test aircraft went very bad - its flight performance did not meet the requirements of the management of the company «Societe Wassmer».
Because yes sufficiently long aircraft development process model Wassmer WA-51 Pacific, to some extent, increased the cost of the aircraft, which reduced the aircraft's popularity among potential customers. Despite this fact, the issue of aircraft Wassmer WA-51 Pacific implemented between 1969 1977 on year - for the whole production period of 154 copies of this model were built, most of which still continues to operate.
Wassmer WA-51 Pacific photo
In the cockpit of the aircraft Wassmer WA-51 Pacific can accommodate up to four people, including the addition of the pilot, three passengers that actually allowed to operate aircraft in the commercial sphere, however, has not received proper distribution. Should the need arise, on board the aircraft Wassmer WA-51 Pacific can also be carried and small goods transport, the only condition which is compliance with the size and the restriction of the maximum carrying capacity of the aircraft.
Depending on the aircraft modification, there may be used a piston power plant with capacity of 125 hp to 180 hp Basic production version of the aircraft, aircraft engine includes a brand Lycoming O-320-E2A having thrust in 150 hp, respectively, allows the aircraft to accelerate to speed in 250 km \ h., And to overcome the distance in kilometers 1340.
AircraftWassmer WA-51 Pacific
The options of the aircraft:
- Wassmer WA-50 - A prototype of the aircraft tested in 1966 year;
- Wassmer WA-51 Pacific - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Wassmer WA-52 Europa - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped with a piston engine brand Lycoming IO-320-B1A (160 hp);
- Wassmer WA-53 - A draft version of the improved aircraft Wassmer WA-52 Europa;
- Wassmer WA-54 Atlantic - An upgraded version of the aircraft Wassmer WA-51 Pacific, aircraft engine equipped with a capacity of 180 hp
Specifications Wassmer WA-51 Pacific.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,5 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 9,4 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,26 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 620 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 510 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1130 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 260 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 280 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1340 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-360-A1LD (depending on version);
- Power: 180 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation