Wag-Aero CUBy. Specifications. A photo.
Wag-Aero CUBy - American single-engine aircraft designed in 1975, the aircraft manufacturer «Wag-Aero».
A photoWag-Aero CUBy
Multiple aircraft Wag-Aero CUBy created by US aircraft manufacturers as a modern aircraft replica of another US aircraft manufacturer - Piper J-3, which appeared as early as 30-ies of the last century. Exterior design of the aircraft and the aircraft virtually no changes undergone, however, the number of flight-technical indices managed to improve that in fact, increased the efficiency of operation of the aircraft.
Because the possibility of US aircraft Piper J-3 were to some extent limited, in particular, the plane could only be used to transport two persons and transporting only small in terms of size and weight of the cargo, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Wag-Aero» decided to increase the functionality of the aircraft, providing him the opportunity to use as training aids, and as a sports aircraft, etc.
Wag-Aero CUBy photo
The first work on the design of Wag-Aero CUBy American aircraft manufacturers of the aircraft began in 1973 year, and two years later, aircraft of this model was able to take to the air for the first time, in this connection, and was put into production. In the production model aircraft Wag-Aero CUBy was solely as a kit for self-assembly, which minimized the cost of the aircraft, and as a consequence, increased demand.
In the cockpit of the aircraft Wag-Aero CUBy can only accommodate two people - a pilot and a passenger, however, such a fact does not disappoint customers because in fact, there was a similar pattern in the Piper J-3. In addition to transport on its occupants, the aircraft Wag-Aero CUBy can also be used for transporting small loads and for training future pilots piloting skills, and even as a sports aircraft (without the possibility to perform aerobatic stunts).
Powerplant Wag-Aero CUBy aircraft consists of a piston aircraft engine brand Continental C-85 (basic production version of the aircraft), the ability to develop traction in 85 hp, which provided the aircraft the ability to accelerate to speeds in 170 km \ h., And and to overcome the distance to 730 kilometers. In addition to the standard aircraft engine, this model can be used and other power plants, power is determined by the valid requirements for each version of the aircraft.
Because of the great popularity of this model of aircraft, the aircraft was manufactured in the following variations:
- Wag-Aero CUBy - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Wag-Aero CUBy Acro Trainer - A modernized version of the aircraft 1977 years, equipped with a piston aircraft engine with a thrust of 135 hp .;
- Wag-Aero Observer - Educational and sports variant of the aircraft;
- Wag-Aero Sport Trainer - An analog version of Wag-Aero Observer;
- Wag-Aero Super Sport - A sports version of the aircraft, equipped with a powerful piston aircraft engine with a thrust of 150 hp
Specifications Wag-Aero CUBy.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,83 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,74 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,03 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 315 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 320 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 635 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 150 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 165 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 730 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3410 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-235 (depending on version);
- Power: 125 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation