Vultee V-1. Specifications. A photo.
Vultee V-1 - single-engine multi-purpose passenger and cargo aircraft designed «Airplane Development Corporation» the American aircraft manufacturer in 1933 year.
A photoVultee V-1
Multiple aircraft Vultee V-1 was developed by an American aeronautical engineer Gerard Vulti end 20-ies of the last century. In the opinion of the aircraft manufacturer, the aircraft had radically different from those that existed at the time inefficient planes that essentially would allow the aircraft to the increasing popularity and made it promising.
Especially for this project the aircraft, Gerard Vulti developed a new design for the aircraft good aerodynamics during the implementation of the flight, which in turn reduced the drag on 7% reduced fuel consumption, and allowed the aircraft to do using only one aircraft engine, that provided additional savings on maintenance and service.
Vultee V-1 photo
For the first time in the air plane model Vultee V-1 rose 19 December 1933 years, and after a few months, the project was launched in serial production batch, which, however, did not stay long - production aircraft lasted for three years, after which, with the advent of new models , the aircraft stopped the demand for use.
On board the aircraft, depending on the embodiment and arrangement of the passenger compartment can accommodate up 8 passengers while requires two pilots to control the aircraft. If necessary, the passenger cabin of an aircraft can be adapted to transport different kinds of goods, the total mass can be 1440 kg, which, taking into account the airplane manufacturing time, it was considered a very acceptable figure. Moreover, the plane could also be equipped with high-quality interior and for the transport of high-ranking officials, but it was more talking about the unit production than the serial.
Aircraft Vultee V-1 equipped with a radial piston aircraft engine brand Wright Cyclone R-1820-F2 having a capacity of 735 hp, which provided the aircraft the ability to accelerate to cruising flight speed in 345 km \ h., And also made it possible to carry out air travel on distances of up to 1610 kilometers length.
In the production of the aircraft Vultee V-1 I was in several major ways:
- Vultee V-1 - Pre-production prototype of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with the brand Wright SR-1820-F2 Cyclone (650 hp);
- Vultee V-1A - The production version of the aircraft, which is the main manufactured products;
- Vultee V-1AD - Improved modification of an aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with a capacity of 850 hp .;
- Vultee V-1AD Special - A modernized version of the aircraft, aircraft engine can be combined brand Wright Cyclone R-1820-G2 (1000 hp);
- Vultee V-1AS Special - A special version of the aircraft designed for the Soviet government.
Specifications Vultee V-1.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 8 people (depending on layout);
- aircraft Length: 11,28 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 15,24 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,1 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2424 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1440 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3864 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 345 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 380 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1610 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6100 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Wright Cyclone R-1820-F2 (depending on version);
- Power: 735 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation