Vickers Vanguard. Specifications. A photo.
Vickers Vanguard - a multi-purpose turboprop passenger and cargo aircraft, designed in 1959, the British aircraft manufacturing company «Vickers-Armstrongs».
Vickers Vanguard photo
Development Vickers Vanguard multipurpose aircraft launched by British aircraft designers in the second half 50-ies of the last century, at the same time, as a fundamental principle, aircraft manufacturers have used airplane model Vickers Viscount. This factor is provided shortening the design of the aircraft and to some extent reduced the price of the project, however, the aircraft was unable to provide adequate demand among consumers was reflected mainly by the factor that the aircraft has been very costly in terms of its operation, which could not meet properly way operators need.
Unlike aircraft Vickers Viscount aircraft Vickers Vanguard has more than The length of the fuselage, which provides the aircraft and a large seating capacity, thereby improving the operating efficiency of the aircraft, which, however, almost did not change the nature of the popularity of the aircraft.
Turboprop airplane model Vickers Vanguard has a multi-purpose, in particular, it can be used for the carriage of passengers on medium range distances as well as for transportation of goods, including a large mass.
A photoVickers Vanguard
The first test test Vickers Vanguard model aircraft were produced in January 1959 years and due to the fact that they have successfully completed, the project was able to be able to produce commercially, but given the fact that for all the time of release only 44 aircraft was built, what kind of popularity-or approve this project is not necessary.
Vickers Vanguard aircraft is capable of carrying on its board until 139 passengers, however, this figure is mainly dependent on the layout of the cabin, but even with minimal equipment cabin seats, the figure is 126 people. In addition to the passenger version, the British aircraft manufacturers release also produced and cargo versions of the aircraft, capable of carrying on its board a sufficiently large amount of the payload, provided that the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft is not exceeded. To date, the operation is carried out exclusively transport version of the aircraft.
The aircraft is equipped with Vickers Vanguard turboprop propulsion system consisting of four engines of the brand Rolls-Royce Tyne RTy.11 Mk 512, each of which has a thrust of 5545 hp, which provides greater lifting force planes, and also provides the ability to run up to speed 685 km \ h. (The maximum rate). The maximum range of the aircraft following the limited distance in 2945 kilometers.
The following versions of the aircraft of this model:
- Vickers 950 Vanguard - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Vickers 951 Vanguard - The production version of the aircraft;
- Vickers 952 Vanguard - Modification with reinforced fuselage and more powerful powerplant;
- Vickers 953 Vanguard - An improved version of the version Vickers 951 Vanguard;
- Vickers Vanguard 953S - Cargo variant version Vickers 953 Vanguard.
Specifications Vickers Vanguard.
- Crew: 2-3 person;
- Passenger: 139 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 37,45 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 36,14 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 10,64 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 37420 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 20000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 63900 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 590 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 685 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2945 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 9200 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 4 x Rolls-Royce Tyne RTy.11 Mk 512 (depending on version);
- Power: 4 x 5545 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation