The helicopter Westland Lynx. Specifications. A photo.
Westland Lynx - British multipurpose helicopter, designed and developed in 1971, the aircraft manufacturer «Westland Helicopters».
A photoWestland Lynx
Multiple aircraft Westland Lynx model was designed by British aircraft manufacturers at the end of 60-ies of the last century. The design of the aircraft was developed by engineers from the use of the base from the previous models, and therefore the project was very expensive, however, because of its efficiency, was able to recoup itself repeatedly, especially since the production of the aircraft continues to the present day.
The main purpose of the start of work on designing models Westland Lynx, was an attempt to compete with US-made helicopters, and the project was supposed to be cheaper, and demand that ultimately, what happened.
Westland Lynx photo
For the first time in the air flying machine model Westland Lynx rose in March 1971 years, however, the prototype only passed the test tests, because the helicopter design has continued to be refined and optimized, yet in the end, the model Westland Lynx has not been presented in 1978, after which and started its production.
Unlike the American helicopter Bell UH-1 Iroquois, aircraft Westland Lynx got more aerodynamic shape, which makes the helicopter more agile and effective in its operation. Moreover, by reducing drag in flight, the helicopter could accelerate to higher speeds, thus providing a fast approach to the opponent, the attack, or whether a special operation, and an equally rapid withdrawal.
Armament helicopter Westland Lynx depends primarily on the target destination of the aircraft, and consists of:
- Heavy machine gun 12,7 mm .;
- Caliber machine gun 7,62 mm .;
- Two 20-mm. automatic guns;
- Kit rockets;
- Kit anti-tank missiles;
- Rounds of ammunition to combat ships and submarines.
On board the aircraft Westland Lynx vessel can accommodate up to 11 people, including 2 crew onboard one hand and 8 soldiers that actually allows you to use the aircraft and various types of special missions related to the delivery or the evacuation of soldiers. Westland Lynx helicopter can also be used as a medical aircraft, either the same as a vehicle capable of sufficiently large to transport goods, provided that the maximum takeoff weight of this model will not be exceeded.
Aircraft powerplant Westland Lynx consists of two gas turbine engines brand Rolls-Royce Gem, each of which depends on the modifications that the aircraft can develop a power 1120 hp The helicopter can travel distances of up to 530 kilometers to perform overflights at maximum speed 325 km \ h.
Between 1978 20014 on year, the helicopter Westland Lynx was produced in the following versions:
- Westland WG.13 - A prototype of the aircraft for the first time tested in 1971 year;
- Westland Lynx AH.1 - The basic production version, developed for the Royal Air Force;
- Westland Lynx AH.1GT - An improved version of the version Westland Lynx AH.1;
- Westland Lynx HT.1 - A draft version of the training helicopter;
- Westland Lynx AH.5 - Improved variant version Westland Lynx AH.1, more productive power ustanvokoy consisting of two engines, the total power in HP 2240 .;
- Westland Lynx AH.6 - Draft version of the helicopter for the Royal Navy;
- Westland Lynx AH.7 - Percussion version of the helicopter, used by the Air Force and Royal Navy;
- Westland Lynx AH.7DAS - An improved version of the version Westland Lynx AH.7;
- Westland Lynx AH.9 - A multi-purpose version of the helicopter, able to be used both as an air general purpose, and as a full-fledged attack helicopters;
- Westland Lynx AH.9A - Version with an improved weapon system and a number of technical amendments;
- Westland Lynx HAS.2 - Helicopter variant developed for the British and French Navy;
- Westland Lynx HAS.2.5- A modernized version of the version Westland Lynx HAS.2;
- Westland Lynx HAS.3 - Modification of the helicopter for the Royal Navy, with improved power plant and a number of technical amendments;
- Westland Lynx HAS.3GM - Modification for conducting electronic warfare and communications software;
- Westland Lynx HAS.3S - An improved version of the version Westland Lynx HAS.3;
- Westland Lynx HAS.3SGM - A modernized version of the helicopter, based at the Westland Lynx HAS.3S versions and Westland Lynx HAS.3GM;
- Westland Lynx HAS.3ICE - Modification designed for operation under adverse conditions with low temperatures;
- Westland Lynx HAS.3CTS - A modernized version with updated avionics systems;
- Westland Lynx Mk.4 - An improved version of the multi-purpose aircraft;
- Westland Lynx HMA.8 - Impact of the helicopter variant developed for the Royal Navy;
- Westland Lynx HMA.8DSP - An improved version of the shock version Westland Lynx HMA.8;
- Westland Lynx HMA.8DAS - A special version of the aircraft designed for the Navy;
- Westland Lynx HMA.8SRU - A special version of the aircraft;
- Westland Lynx HMA.8CMP - A special variant of the helicopter, designed by order of the Royal Navy;
In addition to the basic versions of aircraft, British engineers have also been established and export versions of the aircraft, however, except for some minor features, they are almost completely identical to the basic options.
According to official data on 2009 year for the entire production cycle, aircraft manufacturers 450 of aircraft it was built.
Specifications Westland Lynx.
- Crew: 2-3 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 8 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 15,24 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3,24 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 12,8 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 3291 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 5330 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 280 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 325 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 530 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4670 m (depending on version).
- Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce Gem (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 1120 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation