Helicopter Westland 30. Specifications. A photo.
Westland 30 - British multipurpose helicopter developed by aircraft manufacturer «Westland Helicopters» in 1979 year.
Westland 30 photo
The helicopter model became Westland 30 designed by British engineers from the company «Westland Helicopters» in the second half 70-ies of the last century. The decided to use model helicopter Westland Lynx, which is very well able to show themselves, but only as a military aircraft as a base-base, British engineers and designers.
External features and design of helicopter models Westland 30 and Westland Lynx is very well preserved, however, as the aircraft Westland 30 designed later, the aircraft was able to improve its aerodynamic shape, which in turn provided a helicopter and greater maneuverability, which, nevertheless, It is not a prerequisite, since the helicopter intended to be used solely as a means of civil air.
April 10 1979, the model aircraft Westland 30 made its first test flight, which was very successful, however, aircraft designers have proposed to improve the model by extending its functionality, which should increase the attractiveness of the aircraft to potential customers. In 1982 30 Westland, the model was officially presented to the public, and the beginning of mass-produced.
A photoWestland 30
To the disappointment of aviarazrabotchikov, helicopter Westland 30 was not able to achieve a high success, in connection with which, in the early 90-ies of the last century, virtually through 9 years after the beginning of the production cycle of aircraft data, the current model is discontinued operated, and from 41 released copies , up to now remained only four aircraft means.
On board the aircraft Westland 30 21 can accommodate up to man. Including 2 19 crew members and passengers, however, in addition to transport on its occupants, the helicopter Westland 30 also actively used for transportation of various goods, which were the only condition restrictions on weight and dimensions.
They used a helicopter and also the armed forces, however, not as a combat unit, and as a medical, or else, the search and rescue aircraft.
The power plant helicopter Westland 30 includes two gas turbine aircraft engine brand Rolls-Royce Gem 60-3, each having a capacity of 1225 hp, could disperse the aircraft up to speed in 240 km \ h. Maximum range of flight of the aircraft is 480 kilometers.
Production of helicopters Westland 30 was carried out in the following variants:
- Westland 30 Series 100 - Basic version of the aircraft is equipped with two engines of the brand Rolls-Royce Gem Mk 41-1;
- Westland 30 Series 100-60 - Modification to be equipped engines Rolls-Royce Gem 60-3 1260 power in hp .;
- Westland 30 Series 200 - A single version of the aircraft equipped with engines of the brand General Electric CT7-2B capacity of 1712 hp each;
- Westland 30 Series 300 - Draft version of the helicopter, presented in 1986 year, but serial production has not been received;
- Westland 30 Series 400 - Draft version of the aircraft;
- Westland TT30 - The military version of the aircraft;
- Westland TT300 - Military transport helicopter version.
Specifications Westland 30.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: 19 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 15,9 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,4 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 13,3 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 3135 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 5806 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 220 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 240 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 480 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5200 m (depending on version).
- Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce Gem 60-3 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 1225 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation