Helicopter Vertical Hummingbird. Specifications. A photo.
Vertical Hummingbird - American multi-purpose civilian helicopter developed by the company «Vertical Aviation Technologies» in 1991 year.
A photoVertical Hummingbird
Development of the air vessel Vertical Hummingbird model started by US experts, aircraft manufacturers in the second half 80-ies of the last century, at the same time, the design of the helicopter was partially borrowed from a helicopter model Sikorsky S-52Which has received a lot of support, both in military and civilian fields of application.
During the development of the helicopter Vertical Hummingbird, designers have made significant changes in the appearance of the aircraft, providing him an improved aerodynamic shape, which in turn gave the helicopter high maneuverability and the ability to accelerate to a sufficiently high flight speeds.
The general public helicopter Vertical Hummingbird was first introduced in the year 1991, and with almost the same period was produced in series. Release of aircraft produced «Vertical Aviation Technologies» American manufacturers solely as self-assembly kits for future owners that essentially reduced the value of the aircraft, while requiring a range of skills for the assembly of the aircraft, as well as extra time.
Vertical Hummingbird Photo
Helicopter Vertical Hummingbird is a multifunctional aircraft, able to carry on board the transport of both people and transportation of small goods total weight, with the self-weight of the pilot and possible passengers to 431 kilos, that given the fact that the aircraft had to be used exclusively in the private sector, civil aviation, it was quite acceptable.
The power plant air vessel Vertical Hummingbird model includes a six-cylinder aircraft engine brand Lycoming IVO-435, capable of developing a thrust of 265 hp, which depends mainly on the aircraft modification. The maximum distance flight helicopter Vertical Hummingbird is 605 kilometers, thus, the helicopter can overcome it with a cruising speed of 160 km \ h., Which depends on the power plant and modification of the aircraft.
According to 2015 years, the production model helicopters Vertical Hummingbird carried out in the following variants:
- Vertical VAT S-52-3 - A prototype of the aircraft;
- Vertical Hummingbird 260L - The basic production version of the helicopter, aircraft engine equipped with brand Lycoming IVO-435, 260 power in hp .;
- Vertical Hummingbird 300L - A modernized version equipped with aircraft engine Lycoming IO-540, 300 power in hp .;
- Vertical Hummingbird 300LS - An improved version of the helicopter, equipped with a more powerful force ustanvokoy with traction in 325 hp
Specifications Vertical Hummingbird.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 3 person;
- helicopter length: 9,3 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,62 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 10,06 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 839 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1270 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 160 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 605 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4270 m .;
- Powerplant: Lycoming IVO-435 (depending on version);
- Power: 265 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation