Helicopter Sud-Ouest Ariel. Specifications. A photo.
Sud-Ouest Ariel - French light multipurpose helicopter, designed and created by the company «Sud-Ouest» in 1947 year.
A photoSud-Ouest Ariel
Design of the helicopter began in the early 40-ies of the last century, however, due to the outbreak of hostilities of World War II in France, was composed only of the aircraft project, while he was only created in 1945 year.
Initially, the aircraft Sud-Ouest Ariel model was positioned French aircraft manufacturers as an experimental aircraft, however, due to the fact that the helicopter had a clear perspective of its production later yet been deployed, however, we are talking about only a single release.
Sud-Ouest Ariel photo
The aerodynamic and compact design of the fuselage of the helicopter Sud-Ouest Ariel, provides aircraft sufficiently high maneuverability, thus, the aircraft also has a high speed and movement that was to make it very popular. However, due to the fact that as a military aircraft, that aircraft may not be operated, and in the civil aviation helicopter simply did not find the potential customers, the project was not able to enter the series.
The first flight tests of the helicopter Sud-Ouest Ariel held in 1947 year, while the project was able to successfully complete them, however, the aircraft was in need of a thorough revision, in connection with which two years later, the French aircraft manufacturers of the company «Sud-Ouest» We reported improved modifications that have improved management, higher maneuverability and increased speed of flight.
Depending on the aircraft modification, on board a helicopter Sud-Ouest Ariel can accommodate two to three people, including one member of the crew and passengers 1-2. If necessary, the helicopter can also be used for transporting small loads, patrol and observation flights, etc. It was assumed that the helicopter will also receive and paired control system that would allow it to operate as a training tool for training future pilots, however, aircraft designers chose to give up such a decision in favor of a lower price.
The aircraft Sud-Ouest Ariel equipped powerplant. Consisting of a piston aircraft engine brand Mathis G8, which has a towing capacity of 164 hp Through the use of this power plant, helicopter Sud-Ouest Ariel can reach a maximum speed of flight in 170 km \ h., And to overcome the distance in the range of up to 300 kilometers.
The following versions of aircraft:
- Sud-Ouest SO 1100 Ariel I - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Sud-Ouest SO 1110 Ariel II - Improved version with additional stabilizers being located on the tail section;
- Sud-Ouest SO 1120 Ariel III - A modernized version of the Triple helicopter.
Specifications Sud-Ouest Ariel.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 1 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 7,15 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3,24 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 10,8 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 725 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1080 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 150 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 170 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 300 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3660 m .;
- Powerplant: Mathis G8;
- Power: 164 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation