Helicopter Silvercraft SH-4. Specifications. A photo.
Silvercraft SH-4 - Italian three-bed multi-purpose helicopter, developed in 1963, the aircraft manufacturer «Silvercraft SpA».
Silvercraft SH-4 photo
Development of multipurpose aircraft model Silvercraft SH-4 became conducted in Italian aviarazrabotchikami 1960 year. The main purpose of the new aircraft was to be civil aviation, thus, it was not about any single-minded focus using helicopter Silvercraft SH-4, as the model was to provide and the needs of private owners for transporting people and small loads, and used agriculture, and applied for conducting observation and patrol work.
During the three years of design, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Silvercraft SpA» managed to create and successfully test a new model of the aircraft, so that, in the 1963 year the aircraft will go into series production, which was over a small time interval, however, fully justified costs Italian aviarazrabotchikov.
Helicopter Silvercraft SH-4 has a light and compact design that makes it extremely maneuverable and high-speed aircraft. Its functional use for the carriage of passengers and goods is very limited, however, despite this fact, the aircraft was used extensively during 40 years, which speaks of his high enough prospects that subsequently was lost due to the emergence of new models of aircraft.
Photo Silvercraft SH-4
Among other things, the helicopter Silvercraft SH-4 also intended to be used in the military sphere, however, a few instances of this aircraft, aimed at testing in the Italian Armed Forces, failed to impress the military command, and therefore the model has remained civil.
On board the aircraft, depending on the modification, it can accommodate up to three people, including one pilot and two passengers, effectively depriving the aircraft the possibility of commercial exploitation. Despite this fact, the helicopter Silvercraft SH-4 actively used for training future pilots piloting skills to perform observation flights as well, but also of the modifications began to be applied in agriculture for processing fields and farmland.
The helicopter model Silvercraft SH-4 equipped with piston power ustanvokoy consisting of one aircraft engine brand Franklin 6A-350-D1B (basic production version of the aircraft), which has a thrust of 235 hp With this powerplant, the helicopter can carry out air travel for distances up to 320 kilometers at cruising speed in the following 120 km \ h.
There are four main options for the helicopter model Silvercraft SH-4:
- Silvercraft SH-4 - The standard production version of the aircraft;
- Silvercraft SH-4A - Agricultural version of the helicopter, capable of carrying an onboard only one person;
- Silvercraft SH-4L - Analogue version Silvercraft SH-4, equipped with engine brand Lycoming;
- Silvercraft SH-4T - Modification of the turbine-equipped.
Specifications Silvercraft SH-4.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 2 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 7,65 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,98 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 9,02 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 518 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 862 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 120 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 160 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 320 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4600 m .;
- Powerplant: Franklin 6A-350-D1B (depending on version);
- Power: 235 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation