Helicopter Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk - multipurpose helicopter designed and manufactured with 1979, the US aircraft manufacturer «Sikorsky Aircraft» specifically for US naval forces.
A photoSikorsky SH-60 Seahawk
Helicopter Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk was developed by American engineers, aircraft manufacturers on the basis of the preceding, and has become quite a popular model of Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk, however, contrary to many existing opinions, the aircraft itself is fundamentally different from this version, mainly in technical and operational terms .
Aircraft itself of this model was developed for the US military establishment, and despite the fairly advanced age, helicopter Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk continues to operate to this day.
Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk photo
Originally designed as a helicopter anti-submarine aircraft, which allows not only to conduct reconnaissance over the situation from the air, but also effectively destroy the enemy's military facilities, in particular, we are talking about submarines. As weapons, helicopter Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk uses three anti-submarine torpedoes, and a set of unguided missiles, machine guns caliber 7,62 mm. and may carry on board its depth charges for the establishment of marine minefields. However, the efficiency of the helicopter Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk in open battle against the enemy ground forces remain very low, and in this case, a helicopter increasingly positioned as the only aircraft fire support.
Depending on version, the helicopter Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk can carry on its board until 15 people, including four crew members, including shooters, and 11-equipped troops. In addition, the helicopter can also be positioned in a transport-cargo aircraft, which allows to carry on board up to 4100 kilogram payload (depending on version), which is also very effective.
HelicopterSikorsky SH-60 Seahawk
Due to a large enough distance flight, the helicopter can be operated in a search-and-rescue vehicle, which is also found extensive use in the US armed forces, and the armed forces of other countries, where the aircraft was later exported.
Powerplant Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk consists of two turboshaft engines General Electric T700-GE-401C total capacity of 3780 hp, which in turn provides the aircraft and high-speed performance and payload. Cruising speed of flight of the aircraft is 250 km \ h., At the time, as the helicopter can accelerate up to speed in 330 km \ h.
Throughout the production period, the helicopter Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk aircraft manufacturers produced «Sikorsky Aircraft» in more than a dozen different versions, including:
- Sikorsky YSH-60B Seahawk - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Sikorsky SH-60B Seahawk - Anti-submarine version of a military helicopter, equipped with special radar and appropriate weapons;
- Sikorsky NSH-60 Seahawk - Special modified version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky CH-60E Seahawk - A project of the transport helicopter landing;
- Sikorsky SH-60F Oceanhawk - A modified version of version of Sikorsky SH-60B Seahawk, equipped with anti-submarine weapons and deep-radar;
- Sikorsky NSH-60F Seahawk - A modified version of the Sikorsky SH-60F Oceanhawk;
- Sikorsky HH-60H Rescue Hawk - Search and rescue variant of the helicopter used by the US Navy;
- Sikorsky XSH-60J - A special version developed by request of Japan;
- Sikorsky SH-60J - ASW variant of the helicopter used the Japanese Navy;
- Sikorsky YSH-60R Seahawk - A modified version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky MH-60R Seahawk - An improved version of Sikorsky YSH-60R Seahawk;
- Sikorsky YSH-60S Knighthawk - An improved version of the aircraft;
- Sikorsky MH-60S Knighthawk - The production version of the version of the Sikorsky YSH-60S Knighthawk.
Specifications Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk.
- Crew: 4 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 11 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 19,75 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 5,2 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 16,35 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 6895 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 9925 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 330 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 835 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3580 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T700-GE-401C (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 1890 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation