Helicopter Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane - American transport helicopter high payload capacity, available aircraft companies «Sikorsky Aircraft» and «Erickson Air-Crane» with 1962 years.
A photoSikorsky S-64 Skycrane
Development of the aircraft was initially conducted exclusively Aircraft Company «Sikorsky Aircraft» on the basis of a US military helicopter Sikorsky CH-54 Tarhe, at the same time, the appearance of the aircraft remained almost unchanged, however, the functionality of this helicopter was able to greatly increase.
Due to the wide functionality helicopter Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane, it is applied in a variety of industries, including the construction, transport oversized cargo weighing up to 10325 kg, mounting structures, etc. Despite its more than 50-year history, the helicopter is still actively maintained and today.
Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane photo
Because of the design features of the helicopter Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane, it is not suitable for the transport of people on your board, and the crew of the aircraft consists mainly of 5 people, including three pilots and two engineers control the cargo transportation process.
At first glance it may seem that the aircraft Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane due to its fairly large dimensions is very unstable during the flight, however, in view of an empty inner space rather, the aircraft has good maneuverability, thus providing the opportunity to work even in the hard to reach places.
HelicopterSikorsky S-64 Skycrane
Because the helicopter is a transport aircraft used here quite powerful propulsion system, consisting of three gas turbine engines Pratt & Whitney JFTD12-4A (depending on version). Due to peculiarities of the operational capabilities of the helicopter, its flight speed is quite limited, and is about 170 km \ h., At the same time, has obvious limitations and the maximum flight distance, contributing about 370 km.
American aircraft manufacturer «Sikorsky Aircraft» helicopter model Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane produced in three basic versions:
- Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane - The basic production version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky S-64A Skycrane - Version adapted to the needs of the US Armed Forces;
- Sikorsky S-64B Skycrane - Improved modification of civil helicopters.
Among other things, this aircraft since 1992 years produced also aircraft building company «Erickson Air-Crane», which includes these two options, such as:
- Erickson S-64E AirCrane - Basic version developed on the basis of the version of Sikorsky CH-54A;
- Erickson S-64F AirCrane - A modified version equipped with two engines Pratt & Whitney JFTD12-5A.
According to official data, during the entire production period were built more than a hundred helicopters of this type.
Specifications Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane.
- Crew: 5 people;
- Capacity: none;
- helicopter length: 21,41 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 5,67 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 21,96 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 8724 kg.(Depending on modfiikatsii);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 19050 kg.(Depending on modfiikatsii);
- Cruising speed: 170 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 203 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 370 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 2800 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney JFTD12-4 (Depending on modfiikatsii);
- Power: 2 × 4500 hp(Depending on modfiikatsii)
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation