Helicopter Sikorsky S-300. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky S-300 - light multi-purpose helicopter, developed and manufactured by 1964 aviastroitelynmi such companies as «Hughes Aircraft», «Schweizer Aircraft Corporation» and «Sikorsky Aircraft».
A photoSikorsky S-300
Home D Light multipurpose aircraft Sikorsky S-300, also called Hughes S-300 and Schweizer S-300, was laid at the end of 50-ies of the last century, at the same time, originally planned to create only a training version of the aircraft, however, it turned out that the model was able to adapt in a variety of industries and occupations, as a consequence, the release of the aircraft continues to the present day, making it one of the most popular in the world.
His first flight of a helicopter model Sikorsky S-300 performed in 1963 year, and within a few months of very aircraft have arrived in mass production, which initially assembling helicopters led the company «Hughes Aircraft», later the company «Schweizer Aircraft Corporation» and finally the corporation " Sikorsky Aircraft ».
Sikorsky S-300 photo
Due to its compact size, the helicopter model Sikorsky S-300 has a high maneuverability, which allows it to patrulirvoanie terrain, perform sightseeing flights and operate the aircraft as the training of air tools.
helicopter cabin is designed for taking on board of three people, including one pilot and two passengers (students), while, if necessary, one of the chairs can be disassembled, and the helicopter will be adapted for the transportation of small cargoes, however, should clarify the fact that the this feature is used infrequently.
In addition to the civil sphere, helicopter Sikorsky S-300 also actively exploited in military aviation, which already fulfills the above objects - used for training future pilots, flight of the observation and patrol work.
The power plant helicopter Sikorsky S-300 consists of one four-cylinder aircraft engine Textron Lycoming HIO-360-D1A capacity of 190 hp, which in turn allows a very efficient use of all the possibilities provided for operation of the helicopter. The maximum speed of movement of the aircraft is 176 km \ h., At a maximum range of flight in 360 kilometers.
During its production, the helicopter Sikorsky S-300 was produced in the following versions:
- Sikorsky S-269S «Model 300C» - The base version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky S-300CQ - A modified version designed exclusively as a police or military patrol version;
- Sikorsky S-300CB - An improved version of the helicopter, with the power plant of the piston type, the ability to develop traction in 180 hp .;
- Sikorsky S-300CBi - An upgraded version of the helicopter with a fuel injection.
Specifications Sikorsky S-300.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 2 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 9,4 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,68 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 8,2 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 500 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 930 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 159 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 176 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 360 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3000 m .;
- Powerplant: Textron Lycoming HIO-360-D1A (depending on version);
- Power: 190 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation