Helicopter Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk - multipurpose helicopter developed by aircraft manufacturer «Sikorsky Aircraft» for the US Coast Guard in 1990 year.
Design helicopter Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk was initiated by representatives of the US military in 1987 year, and for the past two years, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Sikorsky Aircraft» managed to create a multi-purpose aircraft, ensuring their use in a wide variety of purposes.
A photoSikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk
Design helicopter Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk was carried out on the basis of the earlier model Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk, at the same time, the exterior design of the aircraft remained almost unchanged, however, the aircraft is not used as a combat unit, because it does not have the appropriate weapons, and used exclusively for the transportation of personnel and cargo, as well as for search and rescue operations.
Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk photo
The helicopter model Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk designed to carry on board its four crew members and eight soldiers, or if the helicopter intended to be used for search and rescue operations, an equal number of people. Maximum load capacity of the aircraft is 9925 kg, while the curb weight of the helicopter is 6580 kg. At the same time, we should note the fact that the helicopter has a high flying distance is about 1300 kilometers, which in turn has increased the efficiency of its use.
Due to the already existing technology of helicopters of this model, as well as eliminating the need to use weapons and special equipment, the price per unit is largely reduced, however, the release of aircraft of this model was quite shorthand - between 1990 was built only 1996 air to 45 year ships.
HelicopterSikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk
The power plant helicopter model Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk did not undergo significant changes as compared with the basic version on which the aircraft was created, in particular, it uses two gas turbine aircraft engine General Electric T700-GE-401C each of which has a capacity of 1890 l .s., which in turn provides the aircraft sufficiently high flight speed is about 260 km \ h. (cruising speed).
The aircraft of this model produced by US aircraft manufacturers in two basic versions:
- Sikorsky MH-60J Jayhawk - Basic version of the helicopter, manufactured between 1990 1996 on year;
- Sikorsky MH-60T Jayhawk - A modified version, which is an improved version of the Sikorsky MH-60J Jayhawk with updated avionics.
To date, the helicopter is operated solely the US Coast Guard.
Specifications Sikorsky MH-60 Jayhawk.
- Crew: 4 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 8 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 19,75 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 5,18 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 16,35 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 6580 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 9925 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 260 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 330 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 1300 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3580 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T700-GE-401C;
- Power: 2 × 1890 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation