Helicopter Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low - American search and rescue military helicopter developed for the US Air Force Aircraft of the American company «Sikorsky Aircraft».
A photoSikorsky MH-53 Pave Low
The helicopter model Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low was the US designed aircraft manufacturers in the first half 60-ies of the last century, at the same time, the aircraft developed solely on the basis of the defense order US Air Force. US military command intends to use the aircraft as a landing and search and rescue helicopter, and, as a rule, the aircraft was not used for the conduct of open battle because of its weak weapons, however, if necessary, could provide cover fire from the air.
Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low Photos
The helicopter is a fairly massive aircraft. Its length is 28 meters in height and diameter meter 7,6 main rotor 21,9 order m., Which in turn is superior to most previously developed aircraft of this type. Despite the large size of the visual, helicopter Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low has high maneuverability and accelerated to sufficiently high velocities comparable with modern aircraft of this type and class, which in turn became one of the causes of long life of these machines.
At its board helicopter Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low, depending on the version, can carry up to 55 people, which, in turn, was very effective, besides, the maximum flight range of the aircraft sduna is also quite impressive, accounting for about 1100 km, which in turn allowed to carry out special operations, even in regions remote from the military base. In addition, if needed, helicopters Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low could refuel in the air, which actually offers ample functionality.
HelicopterSikorsky MH-53 Pave Low
Depending on the situation, the helicopter Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low could also play the role of air transport means carrying on board until 5500 kg of payload, which is also actively used in the operation in the US Air Force.
As the power plant in aircraft models Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low uses two turboshaft aircraft engine T64-GE-100, each of which is capable of providing power at 4330 hp, which provides both high load capacity, and a large enough airspeed of an aircraft device, component, to the maximum value of about 315 km \ h.
Among the outstanding options of the helicopter Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low contains the following:
- Sikorsky TH-53A - A training version;
- Sikorsky HH-53B Pave Low - Search and rescue variant of the aircraft;
- Sikorsky CH-53C Pave Low - Heavy freight cargo version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky HH-53C Pave Low - An improved version of the modification of the Sikorsky HH-53B Pave Low;
- Sikorsky S-65C-2 Pave Low - Version produced for the purpose of export to Austria and Israel;
- Sikorsky S-65C-3 Pave Low - Export version developed by order of the Israeli Air Force;
- Sikorsky YHH-53H Pave Low - A modified version of the aircraft;
- Sikorsky HH-53H Pave Low - Special reconnaissance version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky MH-53H Pave Low - An improved version of the version of Sikorsky HH-53H Pave Low;
- Sikorsky MH-53J Pave Low - A special version for the transport of airborne divisions;
- Sikorsky HH-53M Pave Low - A modified version of the Sikorsky MH-53J Pave Low.
Specifications Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low.
- Crew: 6 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 55 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 28 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 7,6 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 21,9 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 14515 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 21000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 278 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 315 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1100 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4900 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × T64-GE-100 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 4330 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation