Helicopter Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard - American multipurpose amphibious helicopter, developed in 1959, the aircraft manufacturer «Sikorsky Aircraft».
A photoSikorsky HH-52 Seaguard
The first work on the design of the multipurpose aircraft model Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard began to take place in mid-50-ies of the last century. The new project of the helicopter intended for use by the US Coast Guard, however, the prospect of a helicopter also allowed to use it, and naval forces of the country, as well as in the field of civil aviation, effectively, ensured high demand for aircraft.
The first test trials helicopter Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard were held in 1959 year, however, the project was originally sent to the further development and optimization, and the actual production of helicopters of this model began only in 1961 year.
Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard photo
One of the most important advantages of the aircraft model Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard is their ability to carry out landing on the water, which in some cases is indispensable, especially if we take into account the fact that the current model is in demand among the Coast Guard many countries. In addition, the aircraft Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard has a sufficiently large range of its flight, and can carry on board up to 1460 kilogram payload.
Among other things, model helicopters Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard and used as a means of transport, as a patrol aircraft, and are used for search and rescue operations.
Helicopter Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard, as it is not used for the carriage on its occupants, however, if necessary, can accommodate up to 12 people, including 3 9 crew members and passengers. The aircraft is also suitable for transporting on board his small loads, the only condition which is to comply with the rules on not exceeding the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft, constituting 3764 kilos.
The aircraft Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard, also known under the name of the Sikorsky S-62 Seaguard equipped with gas turbine power ustanvokoy consisting of one aircraft engine brand General Electric T58-GE-8, whose power is 1250 hp When using the aircraft engine, the helicopter Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard can accelerate to a top speed of 175 km \ h., Which is one of the negative aspects of the operation of the aircraft. However, depending on the version, the helicopter can also be equipped with other power plants and, in some cases, affect the performance characteristics of the aircraft.
CabinSikorsky HH-52 Seaguard
According to 2015 years, American aircraft manufacturers 175 aircrafts of this model were built, which were produced in the following versions and releases:
- Sikorsky S-62 Seaguard - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Sikorsky S-62A Seaguard - The production version of the transport helicopter to be equipped force ustanvokoy brand General Electric CT58-110-1. Improved layout, allows for the transport of passengers 11;
- Sikorsky S-62B Seaguard - A modernized version of the aircraft equipped with the changed rotor;
- Sikorsky S-62C Seaguard - An analog version of Sikorsky HH-52A Seaguard;
- Sikorsky S-62J Seaguard - Version produced under license in Japan;
- Sikorsky HU2S-1G - An analog version of Sikorsky HH-52A Seaguard;
- Sikorsky HH-52A Seaguard - Search and rescue variant of the aircraft.
Specifications Sikorsky HH-52 Seaguard.
- Crew: 3 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 8 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 13,58 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 4,88 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 16,16 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 2306 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3764 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 160 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 175 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 765 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3410 m .;
- Powerplant: General Electric T58-GE-8 (depending on version);
- Power: 1250 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation