Helicopter Sikorsky H-34. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky H-34 - light multi-purpose military helicopter designed by «Sikorsky Aircraft» and mass-produced on a 1954 1970 year.
A photoSikorsky H-34
The main purpose of the development of this aircraft was ready to use it as an anti-submarine aircraft, including aircraft equipped with several machine guns, as well as a set of rockets and could, if necessary, to drop depth charges. However, widespread in the helicopter Sikorsky H-34 not found, and at most until the mid 80-ies as aircraft fire support, as well as search and rescue, and reconnaissance aircraft.
The first development of the helicopter Sikorsky H-34 1949 began in the year, however, due to a series of unsuccessful innovations, the helicopter was in the design stage up to 1954 years, and when he made his first flight and he was first shown to the public.
Sikorsky H-34 photo
Thanks to its multi-purpose helicopter Sikorsky H-34 also found its application in civil aviation, but, to date, of the issued 2108 of aircraft of this type in the world, there is estimated only about 50 units, the vast majority of whom are employed in the field of civil aviation.
If necessary, the helicopter Sikorsky H-34 can also be used as a light transport aircraft taking on board up to 1,7 tons of payload, or the carrying until 18 people (in the absence of on-board armament). The aircraft has a good armor, and could initially be used as a means of suppressing enemy air, however, with the advent of modern defensive types of weapons, turned out to be simply ineffective, although it continued to be used as a patrol agents.
The power plant helicopter Sikorsky H-34 consists of a piston radial aircraft engine Wright R-1820-84 1525 power in HP (Depending on the variant and version), which is the main factor of high load capacity. Flight speed of the aircraft, taking into account the time of production, is also very satisfactory, accounting for about 278 km \ h. (Maximum speed), but the flight distance is very severely limited, and is about 295 kilometers, depending on the number of transported cargo on board.
During his rather long period of production, the helicopter model Sikorsky H-34 produced in more than 50 different versions, most of whom wore only a single release and intended for a narrow sector of its use. In most cases, the helicopter was manufactured for military options, though. among other things, the US aircraft manufacturer is also carried out and production of civilian versions of the aircraft.
Specifications Sikorsky H-34.
- Crew: 2 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 18 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 17,28 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,85 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 17,08 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 3590 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 6350 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 278 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 295 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 1495 m (depending on version).
- Powerplant: Wright R-1820-84 (depending on version);
- Power: 1525 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation