Are you here
Helicopter Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion. Specifications. A photo.
Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion - heavy military helicopter developed by aircraft manufacturer «Sikorsky Aircraft» in 1974, commissioned by the US Air Force.
A photoSikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion
The first development project of the military helicopter Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion started by American aircraft manufacturers in 1971 year, while, in their appearance, the aircraft has virtually 100% similarity with the helicopter model Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low, but flight-technical terms, this version is more effective.
In order to ensure a higher load capacity and tonnage length of the helicopter Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion was further increased by US aircraft manufacturers, which in turn enhanced the operational capabilities of the aircraft, although to a greater extent all helicopter has also been used both as a transport aircraft. as well as search and rescue aircraft. Furthermore, since a helicopter on board a sufficiently large amount of space, it can be large enough to transport groups landing units, and in fact, be used as an air evacuation means.
Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion photo
To participate in open combat helicopter model Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion is not used because of the lack of a sufficiently powerful weapons. If necessary, the helicopter can be equipped with two heavy machine guns for air cover and destruction of light armored equipment of the enemy, however, due to its very large dimensions, it is also a distinct target.
Depending on version, the helicopter Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion can carry on its board of 37 to 55 people, while, in case of need, the helicopter can also carry on their board and all kinds of loads, and, as in the inner space, so and the outer mount, which is often used for the evacuation of damaged equipment from the zone of combat operations. Maximum load capacity of the aircraft is more than 18 thousand kilograms, which in turn provides opportunities to conduct the operation of this model.
HelicopterSikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion
The power plant helicopter Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion is, depending on the version, either two or three versions of turboshaft engines General Electric T64-GE-416 / 416A, each of which is able to develop the capacity to 4380 hp, and is the major consequence of the high carrying capacity of the aircraft. Helicopter speed Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion is also very acceptable, and depending on the number of engines and the total power can reach 328 km \ h. Range is the flight of the aircraft is about 1 thousand kilometers, while the no-load, the helicopter can cover a distance of up to 1835 kilometers.
Over the years the production version of the helicopter Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion is available in several different versions:
- Sikorsky YCH-53E - Helicopter prototype, equipped with two turboshaft engines;
- Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion - Basic production version of the aircraft used by the US Navy and Air Force;
- Sikorsky MH-53E Sea Dragon - A modified version of the US Navy developed on request;
- Sikorsky VH-53F - Draft version of the presidential helicopter;
- Sikorsky S-80E Super Stallion - Export version of the helicopter;
- Sikorsky S-80M Super Stallion - Export version shipped to Japan.
Specifications Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion.
- Crew: 5 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 55 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 30,2 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 8,46 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 24 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 15071 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 33300 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 285 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 328 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1000 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5640 m .;
- Powerplant: 3 × General Electric T64-GE-416 / 416A (depending on version);
- Power: 3 × 4380 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation