Helicopter SIAI-Marchetti SV-20. Specifications. A photo.
SIAI-Marchetti SV-20 - Italian multipurpose helicopter designed in 1972, the aircraft manufacturer «SIAI-Marchetti».
A photoSIAI-Marchetti SV-20
The aircraft model SIAI-Marchetti SV-20 became designed by Italian aircraft manufacturers of the company «SIAI-Marchetti» at the end of 60-ies of the last century. It was assumed that the new aircraft would be not only very effective in terms of its operational capabilities, but also be able to press the production of other European and American aircraft manufacturers.
The helicopter has a multi-purpose, and designs aviarazrabotchikov could with equal efficiency applied to both civil and military aviation, and, the aircraft itself was supposed not only to be used for transportation on board people and goods, but also for a number of special tasks ( aerial photography work area, as a means for conducting electronic warfare, etc.).
Its first test flight helicopter SIAI-Marchetti SV-20 1972 has made in the year than immediately aroused excitement among potential customers, who saw the great promise of the aircraft. Experts suggested that the mass production of the aircraft SIAI-Marchetti models SV-20 be not less than a few hundred copies, however, for several reasons, the production of helicopters of this model has not been organized - for the entire period, aircraft manufacturers of the «SIAI-Marchetti» succeeded build a prototype two high and one embodiment of the aircraft.
Driving a helicopterSIAI-Marchetti SV-20
Thanks to the good aerodynamic shape, a helicopter SIAI-Marchetti SV-20 has a high maneuverability, and, on this property does not shew sufficiently large size of the aircraft, which also makes it easy and manageable.
On board the aircraft, depending on the layout, it can accommodate up to 14 people, including two crew members of the aircraft and passengers 12. Moreover, the helicopter SIAI-Marchetti SV-20 can also be employed for transportation of cargo on its board a total weight of up to 1250 kg, which also ensures a high popularity, if the project was still sent to the serial production.
The power plant helicopter SIAI-Marchetti SV-20 consists of two gas turbine engines of the brand United Aircraft of Canada PT6C, both of which have a craving for 900 hp, which in turn provided the aircraft the ability to accelerate to a maximum speed of flight in 390 km \ h., at the same time carrying out flights on distances of up to 815 kilometers
There are two main options for model helicopters SIAI-Marchetti SV-20:
- SIAI-Marchetti SV-20A - The basic version of the aircraft;
- SIAI-Marchetti SV-20C - High-speed version of the helicopter, able to accelerate to maximum speed in 460 km \ h.
Specifications SIAI-Marchetti SV-20.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: 12 people (depending on layout);
- helicopter length: 15,63 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3,55 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 12,86 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 1950 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4000 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 320 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 390 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 815 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6000 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 x United Aircraft of Canada PT6C (depending on version);
- Power: 2 x 900 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation