Helicopter Saunders-Roe Skeeter. Specifications. A photo.
Saunders-Roe Skeeter - British double multipurpose helicopter developed by aircraft manufacturer «Sauders-Roe» in 1948 year.
Saunders-Roe Skeeter photo
In 1947 year, the British aircraft company «Cierva Autogyro Company» began designing light helicopter models Cierva W.14 Skeeter 1, became in essence a prototype aircraft model Saunders-Roe Skeeter, which was officially performed only 1956 year. For various reasons, the model Cierva W.14 Skeeter 1 was unclaimed, but British engineers from the company «Sauders-Roe» made every possible effort to ensure that the aircraft has gained its popularity in the field of civil and military aviation.
During design of the helicopter Saunders-Roe Skeeter, British aviarazrabotchiki created for this model, modern design, and provided helicopter wider opportunities their operation, including aircraft performance by optimizing performance of the aircraft.
In October 1956 years, aircraft Saunders-Roe Skeeter was officially presented to the public, and in almost the same period, has also been launched and commercialized.
A photoSaunders-Roe Skeeter
Helicopter Saunders-Roe Skeeter is positioned primarily as a training aircraft, used in both military and civil aviation. However, among other things, the aircraft can also be used as a patrol or supervisory means, moreover, exploitation of this model continues to this day.
The cabin of the helicopter Saunders-Roe Skeeter can accommodate on board only two people - a pilot and one passenger, or, in the case of the helicopter as a training option, the instructor and student. Restrictions on the free space inside the cabin of the helicopter Saunders-Roe Skeeter, does not permit to operate the aircraft as a vehicle for the transportation of goods.
Despite the fact that the helicopter belongs to the category of military aircraft, weapons on it is not used, which does not allow to use the aircraft as a combat rotorcraft.
The power plant helicopter model Saunders-Roe Skeeter, consists of a four-cylinder piston aircraft engine brand de Havilland Gipsy Major 215, which is having a thrust in 215 hp (Depending on the aircraft modification), it allows you to overclock the aircraft up to speed in 175 km \ h. The maximum flight range of the aircraft Saunders-Roe Skeeter limited 415 kilometers, taking into account the actual destination, it is very acceptable figure.
The following embodiments and modifications of the model aircraft:
- Cierva W.14 Skeeter 1 - Prototype aircraft developed by «Cierva Autogyro Company»;
- Cierva W.14 Skeeter 2 - Helicopter prototype created based versions Cierva W.14 Skeeter 1;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter 3 - The basic production version of the helicopter;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter 4 - An improved version of the aircraft, developed by the order of the Naval Force of Great Britain;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter 5 - A modernized version of the helicopter;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter 6 - The prototype used for testing new power ustanvoki;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter AOP.10 - Pre-production version, developed by request of the United Kingdom Armed Forces;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter T.11 - Training version of the helicopter, designed by order of the RAF;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter 7 - Main production version of the helicopter;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter AOP.12 - Trainer version, created on the basis version of Saunders-Roe Skeeter 7, a number of technical amendments and improvements;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter T.13 - Special educational and training modification of the aircraft;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter Series 8 - A civilian trainer variant of the helicopter;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter Mk.50 - Export version of the aircraft, designed for the German Air Force;
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter Mk.51 - Export version of the helicopter, designed for the Naval Forces of Germany.
Specifications Saunders-Roe Skeeter.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 1 people;
- helicopter length: 8,12 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,89 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 9,75 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 751 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 998 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 170 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 175 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 415 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3900 m .;
- Powerplant: de Havilland Gipsy Major 215 (depending on version);
- Power: 215 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation