Helicopter RotorWay Scorpion. Specifications. A photo.
RotorWay Scorpion - US private multipurpose helicopter developed in 1966, the aircraft manufacturer «RotorWay International».
RotorWay Scorpion photo
Work on the design of the helicopter RotorWay Scorpion began in 1963 year. US aircraft manufacturers of the company «RotorWay International» made the first attempt to create a small-sized ultra-light aircraft rotary wing type, for private use, so the prospect of the aircraft was very large and was able to find support among consumers.
Despite the fact that the aircraft RotorWay Scorpion has a very limited scope of its direct application, the helicopter perfectly suited for private flight to highly of extended, for this type of aircraft ranges. Moreover, in some cases, due to the high maneuverability of the aircraft, helicopter RotorWay Scorpion can also be positioned as a sports and a helicopter, however, due to insufficient high speed in this class, it is used very rarely.
The first helicopter RotorWay Scorpion prototype has made its first test flight in 1966 year, however, it was only on the already fully assembled version of the aircraft, while its real output has been planned as a kit for self-assembly, in this connection, the American aircraft manufacturers it took another year and a half to optimize the design of the helicopter RotorWay Scorpion, and launch it into mass production.
Photo RotorWay Scorpion
In 1968 year, with the company «RotorWay International» conveyor descended first helicopter of this model, which was almost immediately very popular among owners. Production of helicopters RotorWay Scorpion, including both the base case and some modifications carried out during the period from 1968 1984 year on, however, these aircraft continue to actively operate to this day.
The cabin of the helicopter RotorWay Scorpion has a very small volume of space, and therefore, can accommodate only two people on board the aircraft. As such, for the carriage on its board of various cargoes, the helicopter is not suitable, because the carrying capacity of the aircraft is very low, and on board there is not any space for his immediate placement.
The power plant helicopter RotorWay Scorpion consists of a four-cylinder aircraft engine brand RotorWay RW133, having thrust in 133 hp (Depending on version), which provides the aircraft the ability to accelerate to maximum speed in 160 km \ h., And to overcome the distance to 290 kilometers.
The options helicopters RotorWay Scorpion:
- RotorWay Scorpion - A prototype of the aircraft;
- RotorWay Scorpion Too - Improved production version of the helicopter, which has an increased maximum takeoff weight and a cruising speed;
- RotorWay Scorpion 133 - Modification of 1976 years, which has increased carrying capacity and speed, but has a lower maximum range of flight;
- RotorWay Scorpion 145 - A modernized version of a helicopter equipped with a power ustanvokoy brand RotorWay RW145 (145 hp).
Specifications RotorWay Scorpion.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 1 people;
- helicopter length: 6,18 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,22 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 7,32 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 340 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 544 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 145 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 160 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 290 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3050 m .;
- Powerplant: RotorWay RW133 (depending on version);
- Power: 133 hp (Depending on version).
RotorWay Scorpion. Gallery.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation