Helicopter Piasecki 16H Pathfinder. Specifications. A photo.
Piasecki 16H Pathfinder - American multi-purpose helicopter, developed in 1962, the aircraft manufacturer «Piasecki Aircraft».
A photoPiasecki 16H Pathfinder II
Multipurpose helicopter model Piasecki 16H Pathfinder aircraft manufacturers began to be designed from the American company «Piasecki Aircraft» in the second half 50-ies of the last century. In fact, the design engineers succeeded in combining together the design of the helicopter and rotorcraft, creating a high-speed aircraft, able to transport people and cargo transportation over long distances.
The compact design of the helicopter Piasecki 16H Pathfinder, provided this aircraft is highly manoeuvrable, and therefore the functionality and scope of operation of the helicopter has greatly increased.
Piasecki 16H Pathfinder photo
Its first test flight of the helicopter model Piasecki 16H Pathfinder has made in February 1962 years, however, the design of the aircraft, aviarazrabotchiki not provided a number of options, which greatly limited the possibility of exploitation, svzya with what is already in 1965 year, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Piasecki Aircraft» was tested another variant of the helicopter, which is an elongated version of the first version, but has thoroughly revised and adapted to its operation.
With its relatively high flight and operational capabilities, helicopter Piasecki 16H Pathfinder has a small size - with a length of just 11,4 meters, the aircraft is able to perform complex maneuvers, and good aerodynamic shape of the aircraft, allowing it to accelerate to sufficiently high flight speeds.
The helicopterPiasecki 16H Pathfinder
On board the aircraft model Piasecki 16H Pathfinder, can accommodate up to 8 people, including two crew members and passengers 6 or soldiers, if the helicopter intended to be used in military aviation. Among other things, this aircraft is also able to carry and transport a payload mass of up to a total 2,5 tons, which is a very acceptable figure for the helicopter.
The power plant helicopter Piasecki 16H Pathfinder consists of a gas turbine engine of the brand General Electric T58-GE-8, which is able to develop the capacity of 1250 hp Maximum range of flight of the aircraft is 1530 kilometers, while cruising speed of repetition is at 280 km \ h.
Helicopters Piasecki 16H Pathfinder models exist in the following versions and models:
- Piasecki 16H-1 Pathfinder - Basic version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6B-2, 405 power in hp .;
- Piasecki 16H-1A Pathfinder II - Modification with the increased length of the fuselage and a new power plant, with a capacity of 1250 hp .;
- Piasecki 16H-1C Pathfinder III - Draft version, equipped with the alleged gas turbine engine with a thrust of 1500 hp .;
- Piasecki 16H-3J - Project 9-local version of the aircraft.
Specifications Piasecki 16H Pathfinder.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: 6 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 11,4 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3,45 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 13,4 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 2165 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4870 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 280 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 370 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1530 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5700 m .;
- Powerplant: General Electric T58-GE-8 (depending on version);
- Power: 1250 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation