Helicopter Omega BS-12. Specifications. A photo.
Omega BS-12 - Canadian multi-purpose helicopter designed in 1956, the «Omega Aircraft Corporation» Corporation.
Omega BS-12 photo
Work on the design of a small multi-purpose rotary-wing aircraft became the lead in the early 50-ies of the last century, at the same time, if initially it was assumed that the new helicopter will be a freight-passenger version of the aircraft, the latest model of Omega BS-12 became exclusively cargo , and, freight should be carried out exclusively on the outer coupling.
The helicopter model Omega BS-12 has a light structure, consisting of a small cabin, and a command frame back chastik, providing the opportunity to engage and transport even large objects, but on the condition that the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft, amounting 1905 kilos (figure depends on the modification and a version of the aircraft) will not be exceeded.
In addition to cargo, helicopter Omega BS-12 can also be used for a number of specific tasks, including the performance of the functions of the air crane to conduct search and rescue operations, etc.
Photo Omega BS-12
Despite the fact that the design of the helicopter Omega BS-12 no different large size, the aircraft has a very low maneuverability, which also reflects on its management. The cabin Omega BS-12 aircraft can accommodate up to four people, as a rule, we are talking about a pilot, operator of materials handling equipment and two passengers, however, as such, this aircraft to transport people from one place to another is not used that is limited and its functionality, and a maximum flight range.
Helicopter Omega BS-12 equipped ustanvokoy force consisting of two piston engines brands Franklin 6AS-335, each of which is able to develop its own power in 210 hp The maximum range of the aircraft following the limited distance in 250 kilometers, while a maximum helicopter developed by Omega BS-12 140 speed is km \ h.
During the entire production period, which lasted from the 1956 1960 on year, the company «Omega Aircraft Corporation» 4 aircrafts were built, however, there were helicopters in the following variants:
- Omega BS-12 - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Omega BS-12B - An improved version of the helicopter version Omega BS-12;
- Omega BS-12D-1 - 5-seater version of the aircraft, equipped with two piston engines brands Lycoming O-540-FlB5;
- Omega BS-12D-3 - A modernized version of the version Omega BS-12D-1, equipped with optional supercharged engines;
- Omega BS-12F - Draft version of the helicopter, estimated to equip gas turbine power ustanvokoy;
- Omega BS-12J - Draft version, with increased flight altitude;
- Omega BS-14 Falcon - Search and rescue variant of the helicopter;
- Omega BS-17A Airliner - A draft version of a passenger helicopter, equipped with three gas turbine engines.
Specifications Omega BS-12.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 3 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 11,2 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3,96 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 11,88 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 1415 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1905 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 135 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 140 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 250 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3450 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Franklin 6AS-335 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 210 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation