Are you here
Helicopter MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird. Specifications. A photo.
MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird - easy US military helicopter production, developed by aircraft manufacturer «MD Helicopters» and manufactured with 1980 years for use in special operations.
A photoMD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird
The first development of light military helicopters MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird started the American aircraft engineers in 1959 year, while, in the project reworked several times during the four years until finally in 1963 first original design year has not been presented this aircraft. Nevertheless, the primary prototype did not meet a number of requirements, such as aircraft design was rather cumbersome and does not allow you to move at high speeds, which in turn is not possible to ensure the proper application of the helicopter in special operations.
Depending on the modification of helicopters MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird, on board can accommodate up to people 8 - 2 6 crew and paratroopers armed with light small arms. In some cases, a helicopter of this model can also be used with a search and rescue aircraft, or the same as a medical helicopter.
MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird Photo
The aircraft of this model has worked well in many special operations conducted by the armed forces of the United States. Due to the ease and compact design, the aircraft is very maneuverable, which in turn allows you to quickly provide a touchdown on the ground and leave the fire place in the event of such a necessity. A number of modifications of helicopters MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird is equipped with a sufficiently powerful weapons, which allows to fight against enemy ground forces intended, in particular, weapons may include 30-mm. aircraft automatic cannon, machine gun caliber 2 7,62 mm., heavy 2 12,7 mm. gun, 2 set of unguided rockets, anti-tank missiles 2 to combat armored vehicles, and others. Typically, for an open fight lightly armored helicopter MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird is not suitable, however, it can be used as a means of air fire cover.
HelicopterMD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird
Powerplant helicopters MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird presented a turboshaft engine Allison T63-A-5A able to develop traction until 425 hp, which in turn provides a helicopter and a good load capacity and the ability to carry out the flight with a maximum speed of up to 282 km \ h.
Helicopter MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird is available in several different versions and modified versions, which differ, as a rule, the objectives of its application:
- MD Helicopters AH-6C Little Bird - A multi-purpose version of a military helicopter, suitable for carriage on board his armed band of soldiers, and providing fire air cover;
- MD Helicopters EH-6E Little Bird - A special version of the helicopter to conduct electronic warfare and intelligence, as well as the organization of military action (air command post);
- MD Helicopters MH-6E Little Bird - An improved version of the helicopter, providing unobtrusive movement in the air, and is used as a rule for special operations related to the evacuation of a serviceman or dropping them in a given area;
- MD Helicopters AH-6F Little Bird - Armored version for combat operations against enemy ground forces;
- MD Helicopters AH-6G Little Bird - Armored version of the helicopter, similar versions of MD Helicopters AH-6F Little Bird, but with a modified view of weapons;
- MD Helicopters AH-6H Little Bird - Modification to provide fire cover to the air;
- MD Helicopters AH / MH-6J Little Bird - A modified version of the helicopter, which is a transport-combat version, with improved power plant and increased flight performance;
- MD Helicopters AH / MH-6M Little Bird - A special variant of the helicopter;
- MD Helicopters A / MH-6X Little Bird - A special version of the helicopter;
- MD Helicopters KUS-VH Little Bird - Special design developed for the armed forces of South Korea.
Specifications MD Helicopters MH-6 Little Bird.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 6 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 9,8 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 8,3 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 722 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1406 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 282 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 430 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5700 m .;
- Powerplant: Allison T63-A-5A (depending on version);
- Power: 425 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation