Helicopter McCulloch MC-4. Specifications. A photo.
McCulloch MC-4 - American light twin-rotor helicopter designed in 1951, the aircraft manufacturer «McCulloch Aircraft Corporation».
Photo McCulloch MC-4
The helicopter model McCulloch MC-4 developed by the American aircraft manufacturer as a promising aircraft, intended for use in the United States Armed Forces, particularly in the navy. The helicopter was supposed to perform different kinds of tasks related to the exploration area, the detection of the enemy, the search operation and the like, but, in spite of its shape and the presence of the two rotors, the aircraft of this model could not be used as a means of transport of air, because the maximum take-off aircraft weight is very much limited, increasingly using low-powered propulsion system.
Despite the relatively small size of the helicopter, the aircraft has a very low maneuverability, which was due to poor aerodynamics, because the actual beginning of the era of helicopter industry, as well as the presence of a helicopter two screws that have hampered the implementation of complex maneuvers.
McCulloch MC-4 photo
His first ascent into the air helicopter model McCulloch MC-4 has made in 1951 year, however, the first test of the aircraft pointed to a number of shortcomings, unaccounted for at the design stage, and therefore, before going into mass production, the helicopter has undergone a number of important design and technical changes.
Depending on the modification of the aircraft model McCulloch MC-4, on board a helicopter can accommodate from two to 4 people, including some versions of the aircraft have been optimized for the transportation of small cargoes, however, a condition that has been compliance with the size and exceeding of the maximum take-off the mass of the helicopter is about 900 kg.
Helicopter McCulloch MC-4 equipped with power ustanvokoy consisting of a piston aircraft engine brand Franklin O-335-6 (depends on the aircraft modification), which is developing a thrust of 200 hp, provides the aircraft the ability to accelerate to speeds in 170 km \ h ., allowing you to perform flights on short distances limited to 320 kilometers.
The following versions of the aircraft:
- McCulloch MC-4 - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- McCulloch MC-4A - Streamline pre-production version of the helicopter, sent to the test in the naval forces of the USA;
- McCulloch MC-4C - A pilot version of the helicopter, aircraft engine equipped with the Franklin brand;
- Jovair Sedan 4E - The civilian version of the helicopter, which allows to carry an onboard to 4-persons;
- Jovair Sedan 4ES - An improved version of the version McCulloch MC-4E, aircraft engine equipped with the brand Franklin 6A-335 (210 hp);
- Jovair Sedan 4A - Agricultural version of the helicopter;
- McCulloch YH-30 - Military production version of the helicopter;
- McCulloch XHUM-1 - A pilot version of a military aircraft, based at version McCulloch MC-4A.
Specifications McCulloch MC-4.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: 2 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 9,75 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,82 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 6,7 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 545 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 900 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 150 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 170 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 320 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3200 m .;
- Powerplant: Franklin O-335-6 (depending on version);
- Power: 200 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation