Helicopter Masquito M80. Specifications. A photo.
Masquito M80 - Belgian ultra-light helicopter developed by «Masquito Aircraft» in 1996 year.
A photoMasquito M80
Design of ultra-light aircraft model Masquito M80 Belgian aviarazrabotchikami began in the first half 90-ies of the last century. The main purpose of the design of the aircraft was a need to implement in the civil aviation sphere of the country small private helicopter that can be widely used despite its very limited functionality.
Thanks to sufficiently compact size and simple design, the helicopter has excellent handling and has good maneuverability, which consequently allows to operate the model for a variety of purposes, including for private use, as a means of patrol aircraft, as air taxis, etc.
Masquito M80 photo
His first flight tests of the helicopter Masquito M80 been in 1996 year, while in the prototype with less powerful power ustanvokoy was employed as a test version. Due to the fact that all planned tests have been successfully completed, the project was sent to mass production, however, due to lack of demand, the aircraft had a limited release - for the entire short period, was built only 4 air Masquito M80 model ship.
Helicopter Masquito M80 has quite a large closed cockpit, which can accommodate two people on board - the pilot and passenger. For a number of structural reasons, transport on board an aircraft any goods, except for a small luggage it is not possible, and that this has created obstacles for the promotion of the helicopter. The aircraft is equipped with coaxial Masquito M80 management system, in view of which can be used to train future pilots, which, however, turned out to be unclaimed.
Driving a helicopterMasquito M80
The power plant of the Belgian ultra-light helicopter Masquito M80 has a small capacity, and consists of a four-cylinder piston aircraft engine brand Jabiru 2200, 80 able to develop thrust horsepower, which in turn allows the helicopter to accelerate to its cruising speed of flight in 150 km \ h., and easily overcome the distance to 680 kilometers, which is very acceptable figure, especially considering the fact that the helicopter belongs to a class of ultra-light aircraft.
Aircraft Masquito M80 produced in two basic versions:
- Mashelin M58 Masquito - Prototype aircraft equipped with piston engine brand Rotax 582;
- Masquito M80 - The production version of the aircraft.
Specifications Masquito M80.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 1 people;
- helicopter length: 5,82 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 2,25 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 4,64 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 170 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 390 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 150 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 180 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 680 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3660 m .;
- Powerplant: Jabiru 2200 (depending on version);
- Power: 80 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation