The helicopter Lockheed XH-51. Specifications. A photo.
Lockheed XH-51 - a project of the American pilot of the helicopter, developed in the year 1962 «Lockheed Corporation» Aircraft Corporation.
Lockheed XH-51 photo
Designing a model helicopter Lockheed XH-51 American aircraft manufacturers started in the late 50-ies of the last century. Development of the aircraft has been associated with the need for American troops high-speed multi-purpose aircraft, the ability to apply and as an independent fighting units, and as a transport aircraft, as well as auxiliary equipment (patrol area, conducting observations of objects, providing electronic warfare and etc.).
The first climb of the helicopter model Lockheed XH-51 in the air took place in November 2 1962 years, at the same time project a fully meet the expectations of aircraft manufacturers, as the aircraft has successfully passed all the necessary tests. However, in the mass production of this model because of its high price and was not started - the interest in the helicopter was not expressed either by the United States Air Force or the US Navy, in connection with which this model aircraft was used exclusively as a test case for the creation of other aircraft.
In the two years between 1962 1964 on year, the American aircraft manufacturers have been built 3 aircraft, some of which have survived to the present time, however, it is only part of the museum exposition.
A photoLockheed XH-51
Among other things, the American aircraft manufacturers of the corporation «Lockheed Corporation» also tried to make the processing of military aircraft for civilian purposes, but here's interest in aircraft was never exercised.
The power plant of the aircraft model Lockheed XH-51 consists of a gas turbine engine of the brand Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6B-9, which, due to relatively low-powered, can disperse the aircraft up to speed in 280 km \ h. (The highest level since the use of this power plant ), however, this helicopter was used and more powerful gas turbine aircraft engines, which allowed the helicopter to develop traction in 2900 hp The maximum range of the helicopter flight model Lockheed XH-51 420 of kilometers.
Depending on version and variant of aircraft on board the helicopter can accommodate up to 5 people, including one or two pilots, in doing so, the helicopter can also carry out transportation on its board of goods total weight of up to 520 kg, which makes it very popular, however, the high cost of seriously hindered the popularization of the aircraft.
Helicopters model Lockheed XH-51 existed in the following variants:
- Lockheed XH-51A - Four-bed version of the aircraft;
- Lockheed XH-51A Compound - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with a gas turbine engine of the brand Pratt & Whitney J60-2, 2900 power in hp .;
- Lockheed XH-51N - 5-seater, a converted version of the Lockheed XH-51A;
- Lockheed Model 286 - Multi-Purpose Utility variant of the helicopter, equipped with a low-power gas turbine power plant.
Specifications Lockheed XH-51.
- Crew: 1-2 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 3-4 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 12,4 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 2,5 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 10,68 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 1265 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1865 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 260 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 280 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 420 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4876 m .;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6B-9 (depending on version);
- Power: 550 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation