The helicopter Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja. Specifications. A photo.
Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja - Japanese attack helicopter developed in 1996, the company «Kawasaki Aerospace Company».
Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja photo
Designing combat attack helicopter model Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja Japanese aircraft manufacturers started because of the need to develop a new, more efficient means of air that can replace its functionality model of the American helicopter Hughes OH-6 Cayuse. Earlier in service with the Japanese army helicopter deal with the tasks could not be effectively and more than 25-year-old age is clearly evidenced that over the next 10 years, the aircraft need to be replaced.
The first work on the design of shock helicopter Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja Japanese aircraft manufacturers began in the early 90-ies of the last century. Initially it was assumed that on the basis of the American aircraft will be built by an improved multi-purpose analog, but, ultimately, Japan's defense ministry has proposed to create a very striking version of the aircraft, which would increase its reliability in combat use, and in turn reduced the costs on to develop.
Its first flight model Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja produced in 1996 year, and most of the required tests, this model has been very successful, however, in the aircraft design had some flaws, due to which, in series production helicopters Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja It came a few years later. In 2000-year, helicopter Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja was officially presented, and military representatives of Japan have uncovered much of its flight performance.
A photoKawasaki OH-1 Ninja
Despite the fact that the helicopter Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja qualifies as shock aircraft, this model has several in its application restrictions, in particular, the aircraft is effective in its application only against armored vehicles and a number of air targets, due to a very limited number of used weapons, which includes:
- Automatic aircraft gun;
- Includes anti-tank missiles;
- Set missiles to combat air targets.
The crew of the helicopter Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja consists of two people - a pilot and an arrow at the same time due to the fact that the aircraft belongs to a class of combat aerial vehicles, carrying on board of persons and goods is not possible.
Among other things, the helicopter Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja can also be used as a patrol aircraft means, aided by very high rates of speed and flight range.
The power plant model Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja, includes two gas turbine engine of the brand Mitsubishi TS1-M-10, each of which has a thrust of 890 hp Through the use of these engines, the helicopter can carry out flights on distances of up to 720 kilometers at a cruising speed of 220 km \ h., With the ability to accelerate to speeds in 280 km \ h.
HelicopterKawasaki OH-1 Ninja
There are two main option helicopter Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja:
- Kawasaki XOH-1 Ninja - A prototype for initial testing and modernization of aircraft. In contrast to the production version, it has a less productive power plant;
- Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja - The basic production version of the aircraft.
Specifications Kawasaki OH-1 Ninja.
- Crew: 2 person;
- helicopter length: 12 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 3,8 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 11,6 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 2450 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4000 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 220 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 280 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 720 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4880 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Mitsubishi TS1-M-10 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 890 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation