The helicopter Kaman K-225. Specifications. A photo.
Kaman K-225 - a military helicopter pilot, developed in 1947, the aircraft manufacturer «Kaman Aircraft».
A photoKaman K-225
The aircraft model Kaman K-225 were developed by American design engineers in 1945 year. Initially, the experts set out to create a small search and reconnaissance aircraft that can be used in the military sphere. The project was exclusively narrow-purpose, and therefore, the management «Kaman Aircraft» Aircraft Company had no hope for the great promise of this aircraft, but, ultimately, the release of the aircraft and all went to a single calculus.
The helicopter Kaman K-225 has an open structure and in fact, could not be used as a combat aircraft, however, thanks to the open frame construction, aircraft manufacturers managed to reduce the unladen weight of the aircraft, which made it possible to equip the helicopter less productive aircraft engines, thereby reducing and costs production of these helicopters.
HelicopterKaman K-225 with a closed cabin
Its first test flight of the helicopter Kaman K-225 has made in 1947 year, however, the military command of the armed forces of the USA, in particular, we are talking about the US Navy and US Coast Guard, was not satisfied with the aircraft, and therefore the project was sent to the additional revision, where there was another one and a half years. In the end, especially for the three military departments 5 American aircrafts of this model were built, which were to be subject to testing in order to further the production of, or failure of the project.
Because of its fairly small radius of action, the US naval forces, military US Air Force and US Coast Guard abandoned the purchase of helicopters of this model, and therefore the project was officially closed. Moreover, military experts and were not satisfied by the fact that the helicopter Kaman K-225 had a narrow focus of its use, which actually strongly limits its use.
On board his helicopter could not carry out the transportation of people and goods, thus, the aircraft crew consists of two people, one of which was occupied by the management of the aircraft, and the other carried out the observer function.
Depending on its version, the helicopter Kaman K-225 can equip either piston or turboshaft engine. The standard powerplant helicopter includes a piston aircraft engine brand Lycoming O-435-2, which is able to develop traction in 225 hp and to disperse the aircraft up to speed in 117 km \ h., and also provides the possibility of air travel for distances up to 200 kilometers.
Over the entire period of production, the American aircraft manufacturers 7 of aircraft have been built, including the following modifications and variations:
- Kaman K-125 - A basic prototype of the helicopter, equipped with a power plant with a capacity of 125 hp .;
- Kaman K-190 - An improved prototype of the aircraft;
- Kaman K-225 - An improved version of the prototype Kaman K-190;
- Kaman YH-22 - A test version of the helicopter, transferred for testing in the US Air Force;
- Kaman XHTK-1 - Test version of the helicopter, transferred for testing in the US Navy;
- Kaman XHTK-1G - A test version of the helicopter, transferred for testing in the United States Coast Guard.
Specifications Kaman K-225.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: none;
- helicopter length: 6,84 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3,35 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 11,58 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 816 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1226 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 95 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 117 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 200 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 2800 m .;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-435-2 (depending on version);
- Power: 225 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation