The helicopter Kaman HH-43 Huskie. Specifications. A photo.
Kaman HH-43 Huskie - American multi-purpose military helicopter designed aircraft manufacturer «Kaman Aircraft» in 1947 year.
A photoKaman HH-43 Huskie
Work on the design of an aircraft models Kaman HH-43 Huskie American aircraft manufacturers have begun to 1945 year. As the main support base, aviarazrabotchiki of the United States used the model of the German helicopter Flettner FL.282 Kolibri. The main purpose of the helicopter Kaman HH-43 Huskie served as the need for its multiple uses, including as a reconnaissance aircraft, search and rescue, as well as a means to fight fires.
The initiator of the beginning of the development was the military command of the US armed forces, as a result, the helicopter is positioned as a military aircraft, although in fact, can also be used in civil aviation.
At the design stage, the developers of the company «Kaman Aircraft» greatly expanded the functionality of the aircraft, making it more reliable, roomy and efficient in terms of its operational capacity.
Kaman HH-43 Huskie photo
Its first test flight, the aircraft model Kaman HH-43 Huskie produced in 1947 year, however, the aircraft did not meet the more immediate customers, in connection with which, in the mass production of this helicopter arrived a little later.
Despite the fact that the helicopter has a small size, its maneuverability is still at a low level, which is associated primarily with certain omissions admitted in the design phase of an aircraft. However, due to the fact that this model was not used as a means of combat, this figure has not played a big influence on the popularity of the aircraft.
In the cockpit of the helicopter model Kaman HH-43 Huskie, depending on the version, can accommodate up to four people, including the crew consisting of two pilots and two passengers or the auxiliary crew members, in cases where a helicopter intended to be used as search and survival craft. Due to the fairly small amount of free space on board the aircraft, the current model is very rarely used for transportation of goods, however, could be used for such purposes.
HelicopterKaman HH-43 Huskie
The most widely used helicopter Kaman HH-43 Huskie was in the US Air Force, the Naval Forces of the USA, as well as in the United States Marine Corps, but, later, the aircraft also has been used in the armed forces of countries such as Thailand, Colombia , Pakistan and others.
The power plant helicopter Kaman HH-43 Huskie consists of a gas turbine aircraft engine brand Lycoming T53 (depending on the version and modification of the aircraft), which is able to develop traction in 860 hp Maximum range of flight of the aircraft is 300 kilometers, while cruising speed of movement is equal to 170 km \ h.
Over the entire period of production, model helicopters Kaman HH-43 Huskie produced in the following versions and models:
- Kaman XHTK-1 Huskie - Double version for testing of ground tests of the aircraft;
- Kaman HTK-1 Huskie - Triple the production version of the helicopter, designed for the US Coast Guard;
- Kaman XHTK-1G Huskie - Pre-production version developed for US naval forces;
- Kaman HTK-1K Huskie - A test version for ground tests;
- Kaman XHOK-1 Huskie - A prototype developed for the US Marine Corps;
- Kaman HOK-1 Huskie - The production version created for the US Marine Corps. Equipped with radial aircraft engine type, capacity in 600 hp .;
- Kaman HUK-1 Huskie - An improved version of the version Kaman HOK-1 Huskie, designed for the US Navy;
- Kaman H-43A Huskie - A modernized version of a helicopter designed for the United States Air Force;
- Kaman HH-43A Huskie - An improved version of the version Kaman H-43A Huskie, produced with 1962 years;
- Kaman H-43B Huskie - Modification version Kaman H-43A Huskie, equipped force ustanvokoy including a gas turbine aircraft engine brand Lycoming T-53-L-1B, with a capacity of 860 hp .;
- Kaman HH-43B Huskie - A modernized version of Kaman H-43B Huskie, produced with 1962 years;
- Kaman UH-43C Huskie - Analogue version Kaman HUK-1 Huskie;
- Kaman OH-43D Huskie - An improved version of analogue Kaman HOK-1 Huskie;
- Kaman TH-43E Huskie - Analogue modification Kaman HTK-1 Huskie;
- Kaman HH-43F Huskie - An improved version of the version Kaman HH-43B Huskie, equipped with a power plant with a capacity of 825 hp .;
- Kaman QH-43G Huskie - A special version of the aircraft.
To date, the exploitation model helicopters Kaman HH-43 Huskie not carried out.
Specifications Kaman HH-43 Huskie.
- Crew: 2 people;
- Capacity: 2 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 7,6 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 5,18 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 14,3 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 1870 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4150 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 170 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 300 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7620 m .;
- Powerplant: Lycoming T53 (depending on version);
- Power: 860 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation