The helicopter KAI KUH-1 Surion. Specifications. A photo.
KAI KUH-1 Surion - multipurpose helicopter developed in 2010, the joint efforts of aircraft manufacturers «Korea Aerospace Industries» Company and «Airbus Helicopters».
A photoKAI KUH-1 Surion
The aircraft model KAI KUH-1 Surion Korean aircraft manufacturers have begun to develop in 2006 year, however, due to the fact that aviarazrabotchiki not have enough experience in the design of multi-purpose rotary-wing aircraft, work on the project was conducted jointly with the French aircraft building company «Airbus Helicopters».
The development of the aircraft KAI KUH-1 Surion Korean aircraft manufacturers have invested 1,2 billion dollars, while the aircraft is not much different from the currently existing helicopters, American and French production. Nevertheless, the project of the model was quite a lot of popularity, and in just 2 years of production, the Korean company «Korea Aerospace Industries» managed to realize 40 aircraft, while for the full cost developments need to build at least 120 aerial vehicles ( taking into account their current value).
KAI KUH-1 Surion photo
The helicopter KAI KUH-1 Surion was first tested in 2010 year, however, as the project required minor improvements in real production the current model came only 2013 year, which continues to be to this day.
The aircraft KAI KUH-1 Surion has a multi-purpose area of your application, in particular, it is operated in both the civil and military aviation. Republic of Korea Armed Forces, using a helicopter KAI KUH-1 Surion for transportation on board of armed soldiers and loads of different purposes, while in the civil sphere, the helicopter is operated as a police aircraft as a passenger and freight transport.
HelicopterKAI KUH-1 Surion
On board the helicopter KAI KUH-1 Surion can accommodate up to 18 people, including without passengers or soldiers and two crew members. Practical load capacity of the aircraft is 3750 kg, which makes the aircraft suitable as a vehicle.
The military version of the aircraft can be equipped with weapons, consisting of several sets of rockets, used mainly against armored enemy equipment.
The power plant helicopter KAI KUH-1 Surion consists of two gas turbine engines of the brand Samsung Techwin T700-ST-701K or Samsung Techwin T700-ST-701C, each of which has a thrust of 1650 hp, allowing the aircraft to maximum travel speed to 310 km \ h., with the possibility of the flight to distances of up to 500 kilometers.
Release helicopter model KAI KUH-1 Surion conducted by Korean aircraft manufacturers in the following variants:
- KAI KUH-1 Surion - The basic production option for military use;
- KAI KUH-Medevac - Evacuation and medical version of the helicopter;
- KAI KUH-Amphibious- A modernized version of the version KAI KUH-1 Surion, capable to carry out basing on water bodies;
- KAI KUH-ASW - An improved version of the helicopter, developed by request of the Korean Navy;
- KAI KUH-1P Chamsuri - The police version of the helicopter.
Specifications KAI KUH-1 Surion.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: 18 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 19 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,5 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 15,8 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 4973 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 7348 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 260 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 310 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 500 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3050 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Samsung Techwin T700-ST-701K (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 1650 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation