Helicopter Hiller YH-32 Hornet. Specifications. A photo.
Hiller YH-32 Hornet - American ultra-light helicopter pilot, produced with 1954, the aircraft manufacturer «Hiller Aircraft».
A photoHiller YH-32 Hornet
Development of ultra-light aircraft model Hiller YH-32 Hornet began to be carried out of the American aircraft manufacturer «Hiller Aircraft» in the second half 40-ies of the last century. The main initiator of the initial design ultra-light helicopter Hiller YH-32 Hornet acted as the American military command, which is intended to put into service a small patrol and reconnaissance helicopters, capable of carrying out the timely detection of the enemy.
Small dimensions Hiller YH-32 Hornet aircraft provided the helicopter a minimum the possibility of its detection, in addition, the use of low-power motor did move the aircraft virtually invisible. Moreover, the compact design of the helicopter allowed him easily, even based on small ships, which was a very effective and popular.
Hiller YH-32 Hornet Photo
Its first test flight of the helicopter model Hiller YH-32 Hornet has made in 1950 year, however, initially aircraft performance indicators were not able to fully meet the US military needs, in this connection, the project was aimed at its further optimization, where he was still over almost four years until 1954 year was not finally officially unveiled.
Serial production of the aircraft model Hiller YH-32 Hornet launched US aircraft manufacturers in 1954 year, however, the American military command insisted on the production of a small batch of these aircraft for testing of aircraft on American bases. After almost a year of testing, the helicopter was officially named little use for military sphere of operation, and therefore, the project was officially closed.
The main reason for project failure helicopter Hiller YH-32 Hornet is its extremely small range of action, is only 55 kilometers, which did not provide any fitness. However, aircraft manufacturers has capacity for extra fuel tanks, but even with them, the helicopter can carry up flights only 120 kilometers.
HelicopterHiller YH-32 Hornet
On board the aircraft can accommodate up to two people - a pilot and one passenger (a soldier), at the same time, to transport any cargo the aircraft as it was not suitable due to the nature of its design.
The power plant helicopter Hiller YH-32 Hornet has two jet engines brands Hiller 8RJ2B, each of which has a thrust of 128 H, allowing the helicopter to accelerate to maximum speed in 130 km \ h.
Over the entire period of production, the US aircraft manufacturer «Hiller Aircraft» 18 aircrafts of this model were built, among which, there are the following variations and modifications:
- Hiller HJ-1 - A prototype of ultra-light helicopter;
- Hiller YH-32 Hornet - Pre-production version, developed by order of the US Armed Forces;
- Hiller YH-32A Hornet - Combat variant version Hiller YH-32 Hornet;
- Hiller XHOE-1 - Modification developed for testing in the United States Naval Forces.
Specifications Hiller YH-32 Hornet.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 1 people;
- helicopter length: 6,9 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,4 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 8,4 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 247 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 490 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 110 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 130 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 52 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 2450 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Hiller 8RJ2B;
- Power: 2 × 128 N.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation