The helicopter Harbin Z-5. Specifications. A photo.
Harbin Z-5 - Chinese multipurpose helicopter developed by Aircraft Corporation «Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation» on the basis of Soviet helicopter Mi-4In 1959 year.
A photoHarbin Z-5
Draft helicopter Harbin Z-5 were created by Chinese aircraft manufacturers in 1958 year, just a few months after the aircraft manufacturers of the Soviet Union handed over to the authorities of China drawings of the aircraft. Transfer drawings Soviet multipurpose helicopter has been associated with an attempt to establish between the USSR and China friendly relations, but, later, political divisions emerged between the two countries.
Despite the fact that the appearance of the Soviet Mi-4 and Chinese Harbin Z-5 identical, the technical indicators of the aircraft created Celestial aircraft designers were higher than that of a helicopter produced in the USSR, which was due mainly to the use of more modern components, however, at the same time, the reliability of the Chinese model was lower.
Harbin Z-5 photo
His first flight of a helicopter model Harbin Z-5 has made at the end of the year 1959, ie, less than 1,5 years, aircraft manufacturers have managed to recreate the aircraft and equip it with accessories and units of own production. Despite this fact, series production helicopter Harbin Z-5 began only towards the middle of 60-ies, and, the helicopter has become a very popular aircraft that could accommodate a large variety of tasks, ranging from the transportation of people and goods, and ending special works.
On board multi-model helicopter Harbin Z-5 18 can accommodate up to people, including the addition of two pilots, and more 16 armed soldiers. However, depending on the purpose for which the helicopter to be used, as well as modifications to the number of the received aircraft people may vary. Moreover, the helicopter Harbin Z-5 has established itself as a high quality vehicle, capable of carrying on its board a 1,5 tons of payload, which also was used very actively.
The power plant of the aircraft Harbin Z-5 consists of a piston-cylinder 14 aircraft engine capable to develop traction in 1770 hp, mainly helicopter and provided the possibility of carrying on its board a large quantity of goods, as well as allows you to accelerate to a maximum speed of flight in 210 km \ h., while the Soviet Mi-4, the figure was only 185 km \ h. The helicopter Harbin Z-5 may make air travel a maximum distance of 520 kilometers.
In mass production, this model is in the following versions and releases:
- Harbin Z-5 - Basic military production version;
- Harbin Z-5AH - The military version of the combat helicopter is equipped with weapons in the form of sets of rockets;
- Harbin Z-5 Xuanfeng - The civil version of the transport helicopter;
- Harbin Z-5 VIP - VIP-version of a helicopter for the transport of high-ranking officers and the high command;
- Harbin Z-5 AG - Agricultural version of the helicopter;
- Harbin Z-5 SAR - A special military version of the aircraft is equipped with extra fuel tanks to carry out overflights at distances of up to 800 kilometers;
- Harbin Z-6 - Variant equipped with a gas turbine engine increased power.
Over the entire period of production helicopter Harbin Z-5, the Chinese aircraft manufacturers was established 558 aircraft, of which, due to the obsolescence of the current models in use today are only 23 aircraft.
Specifications Harbin Z-5.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: 16 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 16,79 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 4,4 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 21 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 5120 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 7600 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 170 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 210 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 520 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6000 m .;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T-6 (depending on version);
- Power: 1770 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation