The helicopter HAL Dhruv. Specifications. A photo.
HAL Dhruv - Indian multi-purpose helicopter, developed by aircraft manufacturer «Hindustan Aeronautics Limited» in 1992 year.
HAL Dhruv photo
Development of multi-purpose helicopter HAL Dhruv began to be conducted from aircraft manufacturers «Hindustan Aeronautics Limited» Indian company in 1984 year. Initially, the designers were preparing a very long project, trying to create a high-quality low-cost and modern design, allowing the helicopter to be used in civil aviation, for which he initially was planned, and in the military sphere. Through qualitative approach, the helicopter gained good aerodynamic component of its form, in connection with what turned out to be very agile and at the same time a very high speed, which ensures an aircraft of this class all required aircraft performance indicators.
The first flight model helicopter HAL Dhruv took place in 1992 year, and despite the fact that all the technical tests, flight and aircraft have been carried out successfully, and the helicopter went into production, the helicopter was actually introduced to the general public only in the year 2002.
A photoHAL Dhruv
Initially the HAL Dhruv helicopter is very much interested in the military command of the Armed Forces of India, which is ordered in «Hindustan Aeronautics Limited» Aircraft Company to develop the four military versions of the aircraft. In fact, its military use, helicopter HAL Dhruv can be used to perform a variety of tasks, including reconnaissance, conduct electronic warfare, and also to make the transport of people and goods. Also, helicopter HAL Dhruv and may also be positioned as an independent combat unit, in particular, such arms version aircraft comprising:
- 8 antitank guided missiles;
- Kit rockets;
- Kit missiles to combat air targets;
- 2 antisubmarine torpedoes;
- Kit anti-ship missiles;
- Deep-set charges.
On board his helicopter HAL Dhruv, depending on the modification, can carry up to 16 people, including two crew members and passengers 14 (soldiers). If necessary, the aircraft can also carry and transport on its board of various goods, which is the only condition for the observance of dimensions and exceeding of the established technical regulations the maximum take-off weight.
The power plant helicopter HAL Dhruv consists of two gas-turbine aircraft engines brands Turbomeca TM 333-2B2, each of which may develop under its own power in 1000 hp, however, can be applied and aircraft engines the Shakti brand, developing the total traction in 2800 hp Depending on the use of aircraft engines, the helicopter can reach speeds of up to 290 km \ h., At the same time, the maximum distance at which the aircraft can perform flights is 830 kilometers (ferry range).
Production of the Indian multi-purpose helicopter HAL Dhruv produced in the following versions:
- HAL Dhruv Mk.1 - Basic military production version of the helicopter;
- HAL Dhruv Mk.2 - Improved analogue version of HAL Dhruv Mk.2;
- HAL Dhruv Mk.3 - Modification of aircraft engines equipped brand Shakti, used to conduct electronic warfare;
- HAL Dhruv Mk.4 - Combat version of the aircraft;
- HAL Dhruv C - Civil 12-seater helicopter;
- Hal Dhruv CFW - Improved analogue version of HAL Dhruv C;
- HAL Dhruv CS - Improved analogue version of HAL Dhruv C;
- HAL Garuda Vasudha - A special variant of the civilian helicopter.
Specifications HAL Dhruv.
- Crew: 2 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 14 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 15,87 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,98 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 13,2 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 2500 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 5500 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 260 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 290 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 830 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6100 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 x Turbomeca TM 333-2B2 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 x 1000 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation