Helicopter Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota. Specifications. A photo.
Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota - a multi-purpose military helicopter designed and developed in 2006, the company «Airbus Helicopters».
A photoEurocopter UH-72 Lakota
Work on developing a multipurpose military helicopter aircraft manufacturers began in the early 2000-ies, with, as a starting point when creating a model of the aircraft served as a civil helicopter Eurocopter EC 145, carefully optimized for the performance of military tasks. The use of ready-made base, military development was quite cheap, which in turn will attract potential customers, the first of which became the US armed forces for which the project is very promising and low-cost.
At its core, the overall appearance of the helicopter Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota, virtually unchanged compared with the model Eurocopter EC 145, however, in the flight-technical terms, both aircrafts radically different from each other.
The first flight tests of the aircraft model Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota were made by experts aircraft company «Airbus Helicopters» in 2006 year later year, the aircraft was officially presented.
Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota photo
Thanks to its compact dimensions sufficient helicopter Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota and powerful propulsion system used here, the aircraft has high maneuverability and very effective in its operational plan. This model can also be used as a means of transportation on its board of people and goods, and as an independent fighting unit, and as a means designed to carry out special operations, including those related to the delivery of small groups of soldiers, their protection and evacuation.
Helicopter Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota can be equipped with the following types of weapons:
- Large-12,7 mm. machine gun;
- 7,62 mm. machine gun;
- Kit rockets.
Depending on the purpose, as well as aircraft modification, the aircraft Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota can accommodate up to 10 people, including one pilot, one gunner. If the helicopter is supposed to be equipped with weapons and 8-equipped troops. If necessary, the aircraft can also be taken and the two stretchers, in connection with which, the aircraft can also be used as a medical air means.
HelicopterEurocopter UH-72 Lakota
The power plant helicopter Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota includes two gas turbine engine brand Turbomeca Arriel 1E2, which are able to develop a total capacity of 1480 hp This aircraft can cover a distance of over distances in 685 kilometers at a cruising flight speed in 245 km \ h., Which is a very acceptable figure.
Helicopters model Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota produced in the following versions:
- Eurocopter UH-72A Lakota - Multi-Purpose Utility military helicopter;
- Eurocopter UH-72B Lakota - Improved modification of aircraft, created on the basis of the civil version of the helicopter Eurocopter EC 145T2;
- Eurocopter AAS-72X - Modification of armored aircraft, equipped with weapons;
- Eurocopter AAS-72X + - A modernized version of the helicopter Eurocopter AAS-72X, equipped with a more powerful force ustanvokoy.
According to official data on the year 2015, 349 aircrafts of this model were built, and the production of helicopters Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota continues to this day.
Specifications Eurocopter UH-72 Lakota.
- Crew: 1-2 person;
- Capacity: 8-9 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 13,04 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3,45 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 11 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 1792 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3585 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 245 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 270 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 685 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4020 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Turbomeca Arriel 1E2 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 740 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation