Helicopter Eurocopter Tiger. Specifications. A photo.
Eurocopter Tiger - French combat helicopter developed by engineers of the company «Eurocopter Group, and produced with 1991 years.
Start of development of military combat helicopter Eurocopter Tiger was initiated by the French and German military command in 1984 year, and only after the validity of the decisions made, in 1986 year, began the first development of this aircraft.
A photoEurocopter Tiger
The project of the future combat helicopter created by German engineers with the support of French designers, in this case, your first flight of the aircraft is carried out only in 1991 year, while it was officially presented only 2003. The length of the development have been associated with a number of obstacles, especially in the early stages of aircraft manufacturers of the «Eurocopter Group» managed to create good for their fighting qualities of military aircraft, but its speed characteristics clearly left much to be desired - limiting airspeed varied within 195-198 km \ h., while the maximum flight range of not more than 450 kilometers, which is not advisable.
Eurocopter Tiger photo
Ultimately, Eurocopter Tiger combat helicopter design could greatly optimize, successfully combining the combat options with flight performance.
Eurocopter Tiger helicopter has different weapons, which allows to effectively combat almost any ground targets, whether it be single armed forces of the enemy, or as large units, including armored vehicles and tanks. It uses automatic 30 mm. aircraft gun, guided and unguided missiles, means to combat air targets, including homing missiles, etc.
The power plant of Eurocopter Tiger helicopter includes two turboshaft aircraft engines MTU Turbomeca Rolls-Royce MTR390 able to develop in the total volume of power 2610 hp, which in turn is a very important indicator for the combat helicopter. this military aircraft maximum flight speed is 315 km \ h., at the time, as he is free to carry out helicopter flights at ranges up to 1300 kilometers (with additional fuel tanks).
Eurocopter Tiger helicopter is available in several different versions, including:
- Eurocopter UH Tiger - Multi-purpose helicopter fire support developed by request of the German armed forces;
- Eurocopter Tiger HAP - Multi-purpose attack helicopter designed for the needs of the armed forces of France;
- Eurocopter Tiger HAD - A modified version of the engine with a capacity of Enhanced MTR390 1340 hp each;
- Eurocopter Tiger ARH - Special design developed for the Australian armed forces.
As of mid-year 2015, the French aircraft manufacturers was released 232 helicopter of this model, at the same time, demand for combat aircraft continues to grow despite the relatively high cost of one unit.
Specifications Eurocopter Tiger.
- Crew: 2-3 person;
- Capacity: None
- helicopter length: 14,08 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 3,83 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 13 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 3060 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 6000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 270 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 315 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1300 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4000 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × MTU Turbomeca Rolls-Royce MTR390 (depending on version);
- Power: 1305 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation