Helicopter Eurocopter AS550 Fennec. Specifications. A photo.
Eurocopter AS550 Fennec - a light multi-purpose helicopter, developed by «Eurocopter Group» company 1990 year, and manufactured to date Aircraft Corporation «Airbus Helicopters».
Eurocopter AS550 Fennec photo
Development model helicopter Eurocopter AS550 Fennec began the French aeronautical engineer in 1986 year. For a very short period, experts from the company «Eurocopter Gorup» succeeded in creating a good multipurpose aircraft, used mainly for special military operations, in order to deal with the ground troops of the enemy, and to destroy lightly armored military vehicles. However, in most cases, the helicopter Eurocopter AS550 Fennec uses armies of different countries for the transportation of small armed groups to carry out special operations and is actively used for exploration in the area, providing cover fire and search and rescue operations.
In the design of the helicopter, the French engineers and designers have relied on the model of Eurocopter AS350, but the design of the aircraft has undergone significant changes, and the helicopter has become more practical and reliable in terms of its operational capacity.
Depending on the modification, as well as its purpose, helicopter Eurocopter AS550 Fennec can carry on its board until 6 people - two pilots and four armed and fully equipped soldiers. If the helicopter to be used for search and rescue operations, as a rule, this aircraft is designed for a smaller capacity. In some situations, the aircraft of this model is also actively used for small cargo transportation of total weight up to 1030 kg.
A photoEurocopter AS550 Fennec
Depending on the modification, the aircraft may have such weapons as automatic 20 mm. aircraft gun, machine guns caliber 7,62 mm. or 12,7 mm., unguided and guided missiles. However, in open clashes due to their light armor helicopter Eurocopter AS550 Fennec, as a rule, is not used.
Depending on version, the helicopter Eurocopter AS550 Fennec can be equipped with one or two turboshaft engines, able to develop the capacity of more than 850 hp each. Variants, equipped with a single engine, marked by French aircraft manufacturers not only as Eurocopter AS550 Fennec, while the version with two engines - Eurocopter AS555 Fennec. Depending on the speed of flight of the aircraft, as well as the maximum take-off weight may vary.
HelicopterEurocopter AS550 Fennec
Helicopter Model Eurocopter AS550 Fennec is available in the following versions:
- Eurocopter AS550 C2 Fennec - The basic production version of the helicopter, which has light armor;
- Eurocopter AS550 U2 Fennec - A modified version of Eurocopter AS550 C2 Fennec, is not equipped with armor;
- Eurocopter AS550 C3 Fennec - An improved version of a military helicopter;
- Eurocopter AS555 AF Fennec 2 - Twin-engine variant of the helicopter. It has increased flight performance, and can accommodate up to 8 bunks aboard chelvoeka;
- Eurocopter AS555 AN Fennec 2 - Is equipped with a modified version of 20 mm. air gun;
- Eurocopter AS555 AR Fennec 2 - Modification equipped kit rockets;
- Eurocopter AS555 MN Fennec 2 - A special version designed for operation in the navy. Do not have armor protection;
- Eurocopter AS555 MR Fennec 2 - An improved version of the version of Eurocopter AS555 MN Fennec 2;
- Eurocopter AS555 SN Fennec 2 - Armored version of a helicopter designed by request of the French Navy;
- Eurocopter AS555 SR Fennec 2 - An improved version of the version of Eurocopter AS555 MN Fennec 2. It has armored protection;
- Eurocopter AS555 UN Fennec 2 - A multi-purpose training and training and the cargo version of the helicopter;
- Eurocopter AS555 UR Fennec 2 - Transport version of the helicopter;
- Eurocopter AS555 SP Fennec 2 - A modified version developed for the Navy Argentina.
Specifications AgustaWestland AW169.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Capacity: 4 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 10,93 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3,34 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 10,7 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 1220 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 2250 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 285 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 648 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5280 m .;
- Powerplant: Turbomeca Arriel 2B (depending on version);
- Power: 850 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation