Are you here
Helicopter Continental Copters El Tomcat. Specifications. A photo.
Continental Copters El Tomcat - US agricultural helicopter, developed by «Continental Copters» in 1959 year.
A photoContinental Copters El Tomcat
Designing a helicopter Continental Copters El Tomcat model was conducted by US aircraft manufacturers of the company «Continental Copters» in 1957 year, thus, aviarazrabotchika used as a reference base model of the American helicopter Bell 47G, adapting the design and capabilities of the aircraft under agrokulturnogo goal.
Despite the fact that in the aircraft cabin can accommodate only one person, the helicopter had sufficiently high popularity among potential customers, and quite often used as a private aircraft, including to perform transportation of small loads.
His first experimental flight of the aircraft Continental Copters El Tomcat model has made in 1959 year, and since in fact, the design has previously been successfully tested aircraft manufacturers of the company «Bell Helicopter», the aircraft successfully completed all required tests and was sent into production.
Continental Copters El Tomcat photo
Despite the fact that on board the aircraft Continental Copters El Tomcat can accommodate only one person helicopter design was devoid of compactness, which in turn led to a reduction in maneuverability, but despite this fact, the aircraft is perfectly suited for almost all agricultural work required.
The plans for the aircraft manufacturers of the company «Continental Copters» there was an increase in capacity in the cabin of the aircraft, however, as this would certainly Primelles to increase the cost of the aircraft that likely would reduce the return on investment, it was decided to temporarily give up this idea.
In addition to the processing of fields and farmland, the helicopter can also carry and transport bulky cargo, the only condition which is the exceeding of the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft, component 1110 kg. Freight should be carried out in front of the aircraft, which has been specially equipped with an overhead space for it.
HelicopterContinental Copters El Tomcat
Helicopter Continental Copters El Tomcat equipped power plant consisting of a piston aircraft engine brand Lycoming TVO-435, the ability to develop traction in 260 hp, which in turn provided the aircraft the ability to accelerate to maximum speed in 130 km \ h. However, depending on the version, can be used and other power plants, including developing a greater and lesser traction.
Production of model helicopters Continental Copters El Tomcat was carried out in the following versions and models:
- Continental Copters El Tomcat Mk.II - Prototype and agricultural production version of the helicopter;
- Continental Copters El Tomcat Mk.III - An improved version of the aircraft agrokulturnogo produced with 1965 years;
- Continental Copters El Tomcat Mk.IIIA - An upgraded version of the helicopter to be equipped aircraft engines Franklin brand;
- Continental Copters El Tomcat Mk.IIIB - A lightweight version of the aircraft, mass-produced with 1967 years;
- Continental Copters El Tomcat Mk.IIIC - An improved version of the helicopter, equipped with a more efficient power plant;
- Continental Copters El Tomcat Mk.V - Modification of the aircraft with the engine brand Lycoming VO-435-A1A;
- Continental Copters El Tomcat Mk.VA - A modernized version of the helicopter, equipped with an additional seat;
- Continental Copters El Tomcat Mk.VB - Modification, created based on the version of Continental Copters El Tomcat Mk.VA with the power plant marks Lycoming VO-435-B1A (265 hp).
Specifications Continental Copters El Tomcat.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 1 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 9,63 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 2,46 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 11,32 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 625 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1110 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 105 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 130 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 280 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3200 m .;
- Powerplant: Lycoming TVO-435 (depending on version);
- Power: 260 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation