Helicopter Cierva CR Twin. Specifications. A photo.
Cierva CR Twin - British multi-purpose helicopter, developed and designed by aircraft manufacturers «Cierva Autogyro Company» and «Rotorcraft Ltd.» in 1969 year.
Cierva CR Twin photo
Designing an aircraft model Cierva CR Twin British aircraft manufacturers began in the middle of 60-ies of the last century. Contrary to earlier products, engineers and designers have made the decision on the design of modern and multipurpose helicopter in demand, the ability to apply to the carriage of persons, cargo transport, the implementation of observation flights and patrol the area. Despite the fact that the original helicopter was planned exclusively for civil aviation, in the final design stage, experts claimed that the aircraft can also actively establish itself in the military aviation sector, especially as it is reflected in the function of the aircraft.
Helicopter Cierva CR Twin has the elongated shape of its fuselage, but despite this fact, the aircraft dimensions are extremely compact, which provides an aircraft on a par with high-speed travel, and a very high rate of maneuverability that does is important for aircraft of this class.
For the first time in the air flying machine model Cierva CR Twin rose in August 1969 years, however, the test was a failure, as the experts have identified problems with the stabilization of the aircraft, which is very much complicated the landing process. In 1970 year was presented the second prototype of the aircraft, which turned out to have much better, however, and he had a number of shortcomings that have been eliminated in the third version of the prototype.
Photo Cierva CR Twin
In 1973, the helicopter project Cierva CR Twin been prepared for mass production, however, due to lack of orders from both the representatives of the civil aviation sector, and from the military command, 1975 project was officially closed.
The cabin of the helicopter Cierva CR Twin is designed to take on board up to 5 people that provides the aircraft the ability to be used in the commercial sector, however, the protracted development of the aircraft led to an inevitable increase in prices, which did not satisfy potential customers. Among other things, in the cockpit of an aircraft model Cierva CR Twin can also carry and transport of small goods, provided that the total mass of the cargo does not exceed 450 kg, and its dimensions will provide accommodation in the cab.
The power plant helicopter Cierva CR Twin piston aircraft engines equipped with two brand Continental IO-360, each of which is capable of traction in 135 hp, which was enough to be carried aboard 5 people, including one pilot, or for transporting payload a total weight of up to 450 kg. Helicopter Cierva CR Twin can accelerate up to speed in 210 km \ h., And to overcome the distance to 805 kilometers.
HelicopterCierva CR Twin
Among ever released and scheduled for release model Cierva CR Twin options present the following:
- Cierva CR Twin - A prototype of the aircraft;
- Cierva CR.420 - Draft version of the helicopter to be equipped with two engines of the brand Continental TSIO-360-A;
- Cierva CR.640 - Draft version of the aircraft to be equipped with two piston aircraft engines of the brand Continental Tiara T6-320.
Specifications Cierva CR Twin.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 4 person;
- helicopter length: 8,55 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 3,02 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 10,06 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 850 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1440 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 210 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 805 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 6120 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Continental IO-360 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 135 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation