Helicopter Bristol Type 192 Belvedere. Specifications. A photo.
Bristol Type 192 Belvedere - British multi-purpose transport-freight military helicopter developed in 1958, the aircraft manufacturer «Bristol Aeroplane Company».
A photoBristol Type 192 Belvedere
The aircraft Bristol Type 192 Belvedere became a model developed by British aircraft manufacturers in the first half 50-ies of the last century. As a starting base, aviarazrabotchikami model was used Bristol Type 173 Belvedere, who as a civilian helicopter, is not widespread, and therefore the project was identified as a failure.
In the design of the helicopter Bristol Type 192 Belvedere, British aviation specialists partially modify the aircraft structure, making it more compact and, consequently, more maneuverable, which is very important for military aircraft.
Bristol Type 192 Belvedere photo
Its first flight Bristol Type 192 Belvedere aircraft produced in July 1958 years, however, initially, the project was not able to meet the requirements of leadership «Bristol Aeroplane Company» company, which is why the helicopter was subjected to further refinement and only 1961 has entered into mass production.
Helicopter Bristol Type 192 Belvedere has two rotors, which is located along the longitudinal axis of the aircraft, and provide him a very good load capacity.
Multiple aircraft Bristol Type 192 Belvedere allows on its board 19 transporting troops, while for the control of the aircraft is required 3 person. Due to the presence of a sufficiently large internal space, helicopter Bristol Type 192 Belvedere can also carry and transport large cargoes, provided that the mass does not exceed the established bude specifications. In addition, the helicopter Bristol Type 192 Belvedere also used as an escape or medical air tools, which greatly expanded its ability to operate.
HelicopterBristol Type 192 Belvedere
In case of need, helicopters Bristol Type 192 Belvedere can also be used as anti-submarine and anti means, capable of carrying on its board a torpedo or depth charges, but as a full-fledged combat unit, the helicopter was not used.
Powerplant Bristol Type 192 Belvedere aircraft consists of two gas turbine engine brand Napier Gazelle, each of which has a thrust of 1465 hp, respectively, allowing the helicopter to accelerate to maximum speed in 220 km \ h., And to overcome the distance to 720 kilometers .
Release helicopters carried out in the following variants:
- Bristol Type 191 Belvedere - Draft version of the helicopter, is intended for use in the Royal Navy;
- Bristol Type 192 Belvedere - The basic production version of the aircraft;
- Bristol Type 192C Belvedere - Draft civil 24-local helicopter;
- Bristol Type 193 Belvedere - The military version of antiship and antisubmarine helicopter, has not been formally put into production.
During the entire production cycle, the British company «Bristol Aeroplane Company» was built 26 aircrafts Bristol Type 192 Belvedere model.
Specifications Bristol Type 192 Belvedere.
- Crew: 3 person;
- Capacity: 19 people (depending on layout);
- helicopter length: 16,56 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 6,18 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 14,9 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 5160 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 8600 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 210 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 220 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 720 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3660 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Napier Gazelle;
- Power: 2 × 1465 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation