Helicopter Brantly B-2. Specifications. A photo.
Brantly B-2 - lightweight double American helicopter, developed by «Brantly Helicopter Corporation» Aircraft company in 1953 year.
A photoBrantly B-2
Development of the aircraft model Brantly B-2 American aircraft manufacturers began to take place in the year 1950. Angry failure of the project of the helicopter Brantly B-1, aviarazrabotchiki taken about the design decision to adapt the helicopter, in order to create a working and reliable aircraft, while most of the design elements in the helicopter model Brantly B-2 was taken from aircraft Brantly B-1, but the technical base has undergone a series of dramatic changes.
Helicopter Brantly B-2 is a multipurpose aircraft, and despite the fact that in the cockpit of the aircraft only two people can be accommodated, this model continues to be used in various fields of activity up to the present time, since according to 2011 years, the helicopter up still produced American aircraft manufacturers.
Test flight of the helicopter model Brantly B-2 has made in February 1953 years, however, due to the fact that flights on this aircraft is still considered to be quite unsafe aircraft manufacturers agreed on the need to finalize the aircraft, due to which, in fact, the model was It represented only 1958 year.
Brantly B-2 photo
The main operator of helicopter models Brantly B-2 steel armed US forces, who used the aircraft for observation and patrol work. However, its operation of the aircraft of this model to find also in the field of civil aviation, where a helicopter was used for various purposes.
Depending on the helicopter modification Brantly B-2, in his cabin can accommodate from two to five people, including one pilot. The versions differ from the double option can also be used for transportation on its board of small cargoes, however, for such purposes, the use of the helicopter was found only in the civil sphere. Among other things, aircraft manufacturers of the corporation «Brantly Helicopter Corporation» was also planned to produce ten-twin-screw helicopter, able to transport large loads and to 10 people on board, however, due to the fact that the draft of the aircraft did not receive a high enough support in the production model It has not been started.
Powerplant Brantly B-2 model consists of a four-cylinder piston aircraft engine brand Avco Lycoming IVO-360-A1A, able to develop power in 180 hp (Depending on the embodiment and the modification of the aircraft). The use of this power plant has allowed the helicopter to accelerate to speed in 160 km \ h., While the maximum flight range of this model was 400 kilometers.
Helicopter Brantly B-2 in the following variants:
- Brantly B-2 - Double basic version of the aircraft;
- Brantly YHO-3 - The military version of the analogue Brantly B-2;
- Brantly B-2A - An improved version of the helicopter, a number of technical amendments and modifications;
- Brantly B-2B - Version created on the basis Brantly B-2A, with improved power plant;
- Brantly 305 - A five-seat version of the helicopter;
- Brantly H-2 - A modernized version of the aircraft manufactured between 1976 1979 on year;
- Brantly B-2J10 - Project 10-local helicopter has two rotors;
- Brantly V750 UAV - Unmanned helicopter developed by Chinese aircraft manufacturers based version Brantly B-2 2011 in the year.
Specifications Brantly B-2.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 1 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 8,41 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,11 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 7,24 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 463 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 757 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 145 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 160 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 400 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3290 m .;
- Powerplant: Avco Lycoming IVO-360-A1A (depending on version);
- Power: 180 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation