Helicopter Ben Cope's Bug. Specifications. A photo.
Ben Cope's Bug - Single man ultra-light helicopter designed by American designer Ben Cope in 1995 year.
Ben Cope's Bug photo
Development of the aircraft model Ben Cope's Bug began to be carried out in the early 90-ies. American designer Ben Cope suggested a very effective design project future private helicopter, which is supposed to be used only for private flights at small distances. Despite the fact that the functionality of the aircraft model Ben Cope's Bug were seriously limited, the helicopter intended to be highly successful, which is primarily attributed to its low cost and pretty good for a private aircraft specifications.
The main advantage of the helicopter Ben Cope's Bug to other aircraft in its class, is a compact design that provides high maneuverability of the aircraft, which does important for aircraft destined for private use.
His first test test aircraft of this model has undergone in the early 1995 years, however, due to some problems with the stabilization, the helicopter could not get a certificate, as a consequence, was sent to the technical improvement and a few months later, finally able to demonstrate success in passing tests required.
A photoBen Cope's Bug
To provide more comfort flights, as well as to reduce drag during flight, the helicopter Ben Cope's Bug has a closed cockpit, that among other things, also increases the level of safety in the operation of the aircraft. The original version of the aircraft Ben Cope's Bug had a fairly compact cabin that delivers some inconvenience for the pilot, however, with the advent of upgraded variants cabin has acquired a number of important improvements, and more effective to place the pilot here.
The cabin of the aircraft Ben Cope's Bug is designed only for one person, which to some extent limits the scope of that aircraft, not allowing its use in the commercial sector or for transportation. Depending on the modification of the helicopter Ben Cope's Bug, no board can accommodate a certain amount of baggage, however, this option is not available for all versions of the aircraft.
The helicopter is equipped with a piston-type power plant, consisting of one motor brand BMW K75, able to develop traction in 75 hp, which in turn allows the aircraft to accelerate to maximum speed in 120 km \ h. Maximum range of flight helicopter Ben Cope's Bug limited distance in 105 kilometers, which is small enough, however, subject to the use of additional fuel tanks, the distance can be increased up to 175 kilometers.
HelicopterBen Cope's Bug
The options helicopter Ben Cope's Bug.
- Ben Cope's Bug Mk.I - Basic production version of the aircraft, powerplant equipped BMW K50 (50 hp);
- Ben Cope's Bug Mk.II - A modernized version of the aircraft with enhanced cabin;
- Ben Cope's Bug Mk.III - Lightweight version of the helicopter, equipped with more productive engine;
- Ben Cope's Bug Mk.IV - An improved version of the version Ben Cope's Bug Mk.III.
Specifications Ben Cope's Bug.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: none;
- helicopter length: 3,15 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,04 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 2,94 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 192 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 295 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 105 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 120 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 105 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 720 m (depending on version).
- Power plant: BMW K75 (depending on version);
- Power: 75 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation