Helicopter Bell H-12. Specifications. A photo.
Bell H-12 - American multi-purpose helicopter, developed by «Bell Helicopter» in 1946 year.
A photoBell H-12
Designing a model helicopter Bell H-12, also known under the name Bell 48, started by American design engineers in 1944 year. The helicopter was supposed to be purely military purpose, and be used to perform tasks such as carrying passengers, cargo transportation, implementation of observation flights and patrol the area. Positioned as an independent combat aircraft, the model could not, however, for the initiators of the start of work in this direction, in particular, we are talking about the command of the armed forces of the USA, this was not necessary, as in fact, for a similar purpose aircraft of this type and not intended to apply.
Despite the fact that the draft of the helicopter Bell H-12 certainly are promising, the military command of the armed forces of the USA, has decided to abandon the use of such a helicopter as irrational, and therefore, for the whole period of development, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Bell Helicopter» it was built only 12 aircrafts of this model, a part of which was used for testing in the armed forces of the country.
Bell H-12 photo
Depending on the modifications and variants of the aircraft on board the helicopter can carry up to 10 people, including one pilot and 9 soldiers, while, in addition to the transportation of people, helicopter Bell H-12 could also be used for the transport of goods, the only condition which was to preserve the dimensions of the cargo and not to exceed the maximum take-off mass of air tools.
Experts believe that the main reason for not using model helicopters Bell H-12, is their low maneuverability that does not always satisfy the goals and objectives set by the military.
The power plant helicopter Bell H-12 consists of a nine-radial aircraft engine brand Pratt & Whitney R-1340-55 Wasp, which is having a thrust in 600 hp, allowed the aircraft to reach speeds in 170 km \ h. (The maximum rate). Maximum range of flight of the aircraft is 485 kilometers, which is on par with the speed is quite acceptable.
The options helicopter Bell H-12:
- Bell Model 42 - 5-seater prototype of the helicopter intended to be used in civil aviation;
- Bell Model 48 - The military version of the version of Bell Model 42;
- Bell Model 48A - Ten-option of military aircraft, equipped with a more powerful force ustanvokoy;
- Bell XR-12 - Prototype aircraft equipped 8 places;
- Bell R-12A - The production version of the helicopter;
- Bell XR-12B - 12-seater prototype of the helicopter, with improved power plant;
- Bell YR-12B - The production version of the version of the Bell XR-12B, aircraft engine equipped with the brand Pratt & Whitney R-1340-55;
- Bell XH-12 - An analog version of Bell XR-12;
- Bell XH-12B - An analog version of Bell XR-12;
- Bell YH-12B - An analog version of Bell YR-12.
Specifications Bell H-12.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 9 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 17,3 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 3,44 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 14,48 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 1870 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 2850 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 145 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 170 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 485 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4570 m .;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney R-1340-55 Wasp (depending on version);
- Power: 600l.s. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation