Helicopter Bell CH-146 Griffon. Specifications. A photo.
Bell CH-146 Griffon - Canadian-American military helicopter project, developed in 1992, the aircraft manufacturer «Bell Helicopter».
Bell CH-146 Griffon photo
The helicopter model Bell CH-146 Griffon were developed jointly by the US and Canadian engineers at the end of 80-ies of the last century. As a support base, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Bell Helicopter» used the model helicopter Bell 412EP, which is quite clearly be seen in a similar design, but in terms of flight-technical indicators, the two aircraft are radically different from each other.
Aircraft Bell CH-146 Griffon is a multipurpose military helicopter, used primarily to provide fire cover to the air, transferring small groups of soldiers, as well as for special operations. Through a series carried out technical improvements, the aircraft became appreciably more maneuverable and efficient, but despite this fact, the model of production was very limited - for the very issue of the period, which lasted from 1992 on 1997 year, American aviarazrabotchikami was created only 100 aircraft apparatus.
Their first test model helicopter Bell CH-146 Griffon held in 1992 year, and due to the fact that there is no deviation from the intended parameters of the future developers of the aircraft has not been revealed, it was decided to start the project into production.
A photoBell CH-146 Griffon
On board his aircraft model Bell CH-146 Griffon can carry up to 13 people, including three members of the crew (two pilots and one flight engineer) and 10 soldiers. If the helicopter to be used as a medical military aircraft or in the evacuation means as only 6 person can stay in the cockpit. Due to the presence of a sufficiently large free space, helicopter Bell CH-146 Griffon may transport on its board until 2150 kilogram payload.
The helicopter model Bell CH-146 Griffon is a good means of fire cover and suppression of enemy fire. In service of this aircraft can be used:
- 20-mm. aircraft gun to fight unarmored and lightly armored enemy vehicles;
- Hand guns caliber 7,62 mm. installed in the helicopter doors;
- Automatic machine gun caliber 7,62 mm.
HelicopterBell CH-146 Griffon
The power plant helicopter Bell CH-146 Griffon includes two gas turbine engine of the brand Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T-3D, each of which has a capacity of 900 hp, which provides aircraft not only high load capacity, but also relatively high travel speed amounting to 260 km \ h., while the maximum flight range of the aircraft is limited to a distance of 660 kilometers.
Specifications Bell CH-146 Griffon.
- Crew: 3 person;
- Capacity: 10 people (depending on configuration);
- helicopter length: 17,1 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 4,6 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 14 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 3205 kg .;
- Maximum takeoff weight: 5355 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 220 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 260 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 660 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4200 m .;
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6T-3D;
- Power: 2 × 900 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation