Helicopter Bell AH-1 SuperCobra. Specifications. A photo.
Bell AH-1 SuperCobra - American attack helicopter developed by «Bell Helicopter» corporation in the year 1969.
A photoBell AH-1 SuperCobra
The development of military attack helicopters Bell AH-1 SuperCobra become conducted by American engineers and designers for special order US Air Force. It was connected with the fact that the basic model of attack helicopter of the US Army, and we are talking about fighting aircraft Bell AH-1 Cobra, failed to prove themselves properly during the Vietnam War. Moreover, the American helicopter pilots often complained that the helicopter has a very great noise, and in fact, as you get closer to the enemy, the enemy can attack aircraft before its discovery, which led to dozens of destroyed vehicles.
Among other things, the helicopter did not have effective weapons, we are talking about the first model will receive the opportunity to be tested in Vietnam, in particular, are not always sufficient was ammunition, and for continuous shooting, twin machine-gun installation and aircraft gun simply ceased to function, and therefore the the helicopter was completely open to attack.
Bell AH-1 SuperCobra photo
In 1967, US engineers began work on the first draft of the future of the helicopter, which is conceived, was to be an effective modification of having surprise factor and more powerful weapons. Two years later, the aircraft was tested for the first time, and even after a few months, but already in 1970, the project was put into production.
At the design stage of the helicopter, his armor was largely improved and the likelihood that the aircraft would be shot down by small arms Light is minimal. However, the extra armor is largely weighted helicopter design Bell AH-1 SuperCobra, making it less maneuverable, but the first tests conducted in Vietnam, showed that the new machine is more committed, although she has had certain disadvantages.
Helicopter Bell AH-1 SuperCobra equipped with the following types of weapons:
- 20-mm. automatic aircraft gun;
- 2 set of unguided rockets;
- 2 missiles to combat air targets;
- 2 set of anti-tank missiles.
With weapons like helicopter could effectively destroy enemy positions, however, due to lack of machine gun units, fighting manpower of the enemy it has been ineffective.
HelicopterBell AH-1 SuperCobra
Bell AH-1 SuperCobra helicopter crew model consists of two people - a pilot and an arrow at the same time due to the fact that the model is the battle, carrying on board the aircraft, and people of any goods is not possible.
Powerplant combat aircraft consists of a gas turbine engine of the brand Pratt & Whitney Canada T400-CP-400, able to develop a lifting force in 1800 hp Maximum helicopter flight speed increased, and is 355 km \ h., While the maximum range of its flight almost no changes undergone.
In the production model helicopters Bell AH-1 SuperCobra were the following:
- Bell AH-1J SeaCobra - The original version of the helicopter, equipped with two gas turbine engines;
- Bell AH-1J International - Export version version of Bell AH-1J SeaCobra;
- Bell AH-1T Improved SeaCobra - A modernized version of the helicopter with a number of technical amendments;
- Bell AH-1W SuperCobra - Modification of the engine equipped more productive;
- Bell AH-1W Viper - Experimental prototype helicopter with a modified form of the main rotor;
- Bell AH-1Z Viper - A modernized version of the combat helicopter;
- Bell Model 309 King Cobra - An experimental all-weather helicopter variant;
- Bell CobraVenom - Draft version of the helicopter for the United Kingdom;
- Bell AH-1RO Dracula - A draft version of a helicopter for the Air Force of Romania;
- Bell AH-1Z King Cobra - Modification designed for the armed forces of Turkey;
- Bell Panha 2091 - Unlicensed version manufactured in Iran;
- Bell IAIO Toufan - Unlicensed version produced by Iran.
Specifications Bell AH-1 SuperCobra.
- Crew: 2 person;
- helicopter length: 16,3 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,1 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 13,4 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 3000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4540 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 265 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 355 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 575 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3215 m .;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney Canada T400-CP-400 (depending on version);
- Power: 1800 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation